[Guide] Manliness and Misconceptions - A Guide to Tryn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bitterz

05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by peyo View Post
nice edit :]
I'd add 1 more thing. Learning to use Mocking Shout. It's GREAT skill to save your friends. Whenever you see your ally/allies being chased by enemies and you know that you can't kill them, help your friends with escaping. You can either hide in brushes nearby, behind some wall or just get closer. The description on it is a bit wrong. It slows enemies that are not face to face with you. They'll get slowed when they are sideways to you as well. And you shouldn't have problems escaping yourself, as Trynd is really hard to chase.
QFT

Gonna' front page this.

allforone bLitz

05-25-2010

I used a Guinsoo's Rageblade once and it was kinda fun, especially with Endless Rage and 100% crit.. that makes you a insane dps there, what you think about it ? I once got it before IE and once after

And since jax uses it, and he's also a quite auto attack champ.. (the only advantage he has is that the 45+ AP actually do something)

ThreeLittleBirds

05-25-2010

Its easier to play tryn without crit chance runes. Because of his passive. Well, easier than it used to be.

allforone bLitz

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeLittleBirds View Post
Its easier to play tryn without crit chance runes. Because of his passive.
But you dont wanna be at low health all the time, not even when ur ult is on cd..

peyo

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeLittleBirds View Post
Its easier to play tryn without crit chance runes. Because of his passive.
how can it be easier? O_O

Pathen

05-25-2010

Great Guide. I've been interested in Trynd for awhile now, just because so few melee DPSes (Jax aside) seem to make it to the lategame nowadays. (Garen, Pantheon get overshadowed and Yi is stupid boring regardless of how much he is owning).

I really have to wonder about what you're saying about not bothering with this guide without crit% runes. Someone here put the difference at 12% crit chance. That's awesome- but surely you can make do just by getting the Cloak on the IE as your first item after boots?

Realistically, the 12% is nice, but 12% doesn't seem like enough of a factor in a game of chance like crit% to say that your guide won't work without it. :|

peyo

05-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathen View Post
Great Guide. I've been interested in Trynd for awhile now, just because so few melee DPSes (Jax aside) seem to make it to the lategame nowadays. (Garen, Pantheon get overshadowed and Yi is stupid boring regardless of how much he is owning).

I really have to wonder about what you're saying about not bothering with this guide without crit% runes. Someone here put the difference at 12% crit chance. That's awesome- but surely you can make do just by getting the Cloak on the IE as your first item after boots?

Realistically, the 12% is nice, but 12% doesn't seem like enough of a factor in a game of chance like crit% to say that your guide won't work without it. :|
12% early really makes a difference

Lordarcane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-25-2010

Honestly the crit % runes aren't a necessity. I love this guide and follow most of its advice, but I run attack speed marks and pick up boots of swiftness instead of greaves. As Pathen suggested, I get the Cloak of Agility before building LW and it does me fine. If you play smart early game, you won't get eaten alive without those runes. I'm not saying attack speed marks are better, but I think it's clear that the statement that it's a huge burden to do it any other way is exaggerated.

Bitterz

05-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pathen View Post

My current rune page is full crit, with 1 crit% quint and 2 armor pen quints. That's 17% crit.

Everyone's biggest criticism against Tryn is his weakness in the lane, especially early. I'm of the opinion that the crit % runes give you the staying power you need (through allowing you to build bloodlust stacks, thus giving you accessible healing) as well as freeing up so much of your early gold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordarcane
I get the Cloak of Agility before building LW and it does me fine.
This is a great idea, and people might find some additional early success by doing this, but the crit runes really add lots of icing to the Tryndamere cake.

Using runes allows you start games with 20%+ crit, rather than having to wait until you can farm up enough gold to crit with any regularity.

I guess using different runes isn't absolutely crippling, but I feel like it takes a lot away from your first 6-8 levels. (Note the part in the guide where I say I try to stay in the lane from levels 1-9 without ever going back)

EcoEco

05-26-2010

If they the enemy team have A LOT of stuns

For example, Blitz and TF? Cleanse cant remove stuns twice and your Ulti only last 6 seconds. If they used stun before you use it then you might die if you don't Cleanse. If you do Cleanse and use Ulti they might stun you again so your Ulti is wasted (half of it or something).