[Guide] Manliness and Misconceptions - A Guide to Tryn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Avarion

10-23-2010

I'm working on the barbarian as well. Despite being a right-click champ, there is just no feeling like it!
Thanks for a very insightful guide.

Just wondering, would you ever pick of Sword of the Divine against a team stacking Exhaust (which I'm pretty sure is what they'll do in draft mode)?

Sad Faced Panda

10-23-2010

No. Divine doesn't protect against Exhaust, and even if they did stack dodge, you're wasting an item. Merc treads or cleanse or if it's real bad, get a sash. (I'm aware it doesn't work on blinds (treads) but the slow so you can kite or run gets lowered).

Thrackerzod

11-10-2010

After your three "God mode" items have been assembled, what do you think about getting Tiamat? I've tried it out on Tryn and it seems to have excellent results even though you have to pay a little for a mana item. Luckily, it seems the mana item is so cheap it's negligible.

Skillface

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-18-2011

Nice guide

Anox

01-18-2011

Great Guide, update please!

HellBringerSP

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-14-2011

hey does starting off with brawlers and then turn it into zeal and boots plus vamp scpetre result same thing as LW and boots? I havnt tried ur method but ill try it

And exhaust is also a valid summorner spell, but i agree tht cleanse is quite important

Thanks for the guide!

The Giffergyo

05-06-2011

Personally, I go for 2 Avarice Blades for 2 reasons.

1. I'm Jewish. When i first started playing i mained Shen (now its more Warwick, shen is secondary) and I stacked 6 heart of golds. Legit. I had 12000 gold and 6 heart of golds, and i didn't give a ****, i stuck to those hearts.

2. One goes into a Ghostblade, while the other normally sits. Im pretty sure everyone notices most games that aren't high ELO don't let you full build with a character like try. Maybe a speed farmer and consistent straight game gold farmer like Anivia, but not tryn. Meaning that extra Avarice blade doesn't need to be sold, so it can stick the entire game. If you buy 4+ avarice, you need to sell one before they pay themselves off. Which brings me to my next point

Avarice blades pay off at exactly 25 minutes in. But you don't want them to pay off, because ultimately you want to EARN gold from them. Meaning you have to keep it for 35 minutes+ to gain 300 gold. Which isn't much. With 2, thats 600. 3 runs into the problem of early sell, and 4 basically ALWAYS runs into early sell. You have last whisper and boots early enough by the time you want to start building Infinity edge so you have to sell a blade, and it never takes 25 minutes to farm 3000 gold with 4 avarice blade. This is true for every simple +5 gold per 10 second item in the game, no matter who the character. 2-3max, 3 is pushing it. Some dont build into anything, so they are useless beyond 1-2. But for tryn, that 44% crit chance early and that extra gold to make up for that lose of farming in the lane helps a lot. Especially in 45 minute games where your getting +1200 gold from them, which is a lot actually. If your final build is 1 avarice and a ghostblade (before having enough to sell a avarice and buy another item) your build most likely doesn't exceed 12k gold. So your getting roughly 9% of that from the blades, and 1 of them is REQUIRED for a ghostblade, which i normally do not get until my 5th item, as Boots, Whisper, Infinity edge ALWAYS come first, then something more situational. Example Frozen Mallet for Anti-Carry. Most non-ranked 5v5 matches hold for 45 minutes. So two avarice+cheap crit chance early on usually help you alot.

Another point of note. Tryn is 100% about turret diving. Enemies almost always will think its safe behind a turret. They are dumb. Tryn has invincibility. The time it takes to get in, kill them, pop your heal, and get out is 6 seconds. Depending on their speed and health you can open with a spin, attack 1-2 times, kill, ult when needed, tank the turret a bit, heal, spin out. That heal will help you last 1 turret hit if need be for a 3 hit kill on the enemy. The issue is, if they are smart enough to attack you, or have enough time to realize they are going to die so they mind as well go for it and not run AWAY from the turret to give you a easier escape, your screwed. Cleanse here helps. If they try and stun you in the turret, you can break it and get away. Let them escape if it means you not dying with a bonus +1000 gold for them. Thats never worth it.

@HellBringerSP Essentially, its just as good. Screw the vamp scepter. Bring the brawlers first into a avarice for a ghostblade later, then build the zeal.