[Guide] Manliness and Misconceptions - A Guide to Tryn

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LucentCross

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-30-2010

I want to mention one thing your guide did not cover. I main Tryn, but I also play other champs that do not benefit as much from crit chance (e.g. Garen). For this reason I take Arpen marks and quints over crit chance. This actually makes my late-game with Tryndamere better of course, but does make the early game rougher. It's important to keep in mind that last-hits proc bloodlust as well, and they are easy to come by with boots and spinning slash against many lane combinations. Apart from this however, I typically buy an early, yes, AVARICE BLADE (or two). I'm not going to argue that a 750g delay in build isn't significant. It is. On the other hand, the bonus gold mitigates this somewhat as time goes on. I also always always (almost) always build a ghostblade first, so I need one anyways. In any case, getting an Avarice Blade makes taking arpen over crit chance valid.

tl;dr: if you need arpen runes to play your other champs, just buy an avarice blade to compensate.

Lordarcane

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-02-2010

Does rune crit chance cap at 10%? I've started adding crit chance seals (in lieu of dodge) to see how effectively it works but I've hit +10% and even when I add more, that value refuses to rise.

CudgeltheClever

08-02-2010

ghost > ignite on trynd
have you ever considered boots of mobility
brings windamere back to life

Lordarcane

08-02-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by CudgeltheClever View Post
ghost > ignite on trynd
Maybe, but I think taking both is currently a strong choice. Cleanse used to be essential on Tryn and I felt consistently grateful for its utility in every game. However, since it got nerfed, I found myself using it less and less, even to the point of feeling it wasn't worth its slot anymore. Thus, I've switched to Ignite and Ghost and haven't looked back. They have served me very well.

Sniper Joe

08-07-2010

Thanks for the guide!

It's been a stepping stone for me, any ETA on when v2 will be up?

carsonpwns

08-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordarcane View Post
Does rune crit chance cap at 10%? I've started adding crit chance seals (in lieu of dodge) to see how effectively it works but I've hit +10% and even when I add more, that value refuses to rise.
Nope, I get 22%? or whatever the figure is with a full crit chance rune page. Although now I cringe when I see a team with 5 ignites with my now oh-so-vulnerable Trynd, I still find cleanse really useful against the many CCs heading my way.

To me, ignite's only useful to claim some early kills because it becomes pretty useless late game. Sure, I got a kill or two in the first 5-10 mins, but Trynd will always be a late bloomer and summer spells like Ghost facilitates my entire game by allowing me to escape/chase down guys with my huge sword. Just my two cents

BlackRampage

08-08-2010

Ignite destroys Trynd too easy nowadays.

JohnCataldo

08-08-2010

Crit chance has no cap from runes.

Ignite is strong late game only because healing is so strong otherwise on many characters, Tryndamere included. Ignite (and similar effects) halves pretty much all healing, including lifesteal.

BlackRampage

08-08-2010

Sion is a much better candidate for Trynd's specialty: massive crits and damage output.

Lynxion

08-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRampage View Post
Sion is a much better candidate for Trynd's specialty: massive crits and damage output.

Sion is also better played AP.