Serious question about servers and dominion

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skiggz

08-28-2011

Is there going to be an increase in server volume with this new "expansion" ? Because I assume a lot, I mean A LOT of traffic for a while after dominion comes out.....and if there isn't enough problems with "omg super long queue for game" now...it will only be ten times worse.

Sooo... more servers? Just curious.

RaspyTurnover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2011

On the bright side it'll probably be nothing BUT dominion games running.

Since I don't know how many SR or TT would even get queued up lol.

Skiggz

08-28-2011

Lol, very true. But even so, I'm sure more than usual amount of players will be participating so the server load should still be over the top (more so than usual, and that already seems to be a huge problem)

Yaezakura

08-28-2011

I'm sure Riot's considered that and will take appropriate measures. Though I can't imagine it being any worse than a patch day, which they already handle far better than they used to.

Dominion is sure to bring some new players to the game, but considering how large LoL already is, it's probably comparable to a drop in the bucket.

Skiggz

08-28-2011

Yes but I also see dominion getting a lot more attention from all LoL users, as opposed to a larger amount than usual with the usual patch/new character updates. Sure that brings in some heavy traffic but dominion is not only going to do that, it's gonna have everybody and the new guys, and maybe even their mothers on at once, and for an extended period of time. Patch traffic usually lasts a day or two. Dominion is probably going to be hardcore, and possibly impact server stability indefinitely (people who used to play, or play less now, might love dominion and start back into it). I mean there's a ton of places for players to come from and reason for them to stay on, and stay on long, for a good while with this big new update don't you think?

Sammm

08-28-2011

Im at a 35 minute queue and dominion isnt even out

Edit: and its also not patch day!!!

I imagine there will just be excruciatingly long queues to get on to prevent server bottlenecks, so that the people playing have a good experience. Hopefully they're adding more capacity too..