Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Yes the AOE bug is real

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nicosharp

08-29-2011

That explains the extreme bootyraping I've experienced mid against Brand, Cassiopia, and Karthus recently that never used to seem as bad.

It's most noticeable on Cassiopia who gets the movespeed buff, and she never misses, which means insta death if you move within a screen from your tower.

I also noticed a lot more of my Gragas barrels hitting than usual, and I thought I was just getting better. still whiff on ults that looked like they landed on someones head though. I've even body'slammed out of Brand's AOE once, and still get hit when I am double distance from it. It also seems to me that the AOE pops quicker than before.. perhaps that's just my old age.

This really needs to be cleaned up. Especially for Brand, Karthus and Cassiopia, who have decimating AOE damage/spam.

Guess who else's AOE has a bigger range than before - Singed. I know for a fact his range is bigger than previously, because of how many times I've laned against singed as a Melee Bruiser, and how easy it is for me to avoid his spray while last hitting minions.. Well now, it always seems to hit me, even if Singed is outside of my range.

Quote:
replayssoon:
The problem is people are looking at the animation not the AoE circle. The animation looks smaller then the cast area. I know Brand's ranges backwards and forwards. He is working as intended.

No, Brand is not working as intended - His AOE hits far more often now, and is virtually inescapable. Prior to the patch, I was able to dodge his AOE, and now I can not. And this has nothing to do with individual Brand players skill or my own. Something in the game has changed. This is AOE drop time, to damage, and AOE Radius.

Drac

08-29-2011

ty for posting me and my friends thread in you post **** riot moved it of bug fourms so no one will read it
because riot doesnt wanna admit it is a bug

efuktlegendkyo

08-29-2011

yes, at least for Karthus Q that I experimented with.

seems you can aim 3 to 3 1/2 lay waste over and still do damage to a minion/hero, defo messing up my last hitting on the creeps.

need to at least cut it back to maybe 2 mininum, since the explosion animation doesn't have to land exactly on, could be like a shrapnel effect.

but yeah something ain't right here.

AFuzzyLion

08-29-2011

I've done this on Morgana, Maokai, and Nasus in a custom. The aoe's did not change. I landed tormented soil, saplings, and spirit fire just next to the minions and the bot when he got to lane. A good 5-10 minutes with each champ. The aoe's did not change. Unless the minions or the bot were clearly in the aoe, they did not take damage. And i landed everything as close as humanly possible.
If there is a bug at all, then it's certainly not for everyone. I think y'all are just being hypochondriacs.

TheTechmaturgist

12-17-2011

Quote:
Twisted Scorpio:
Mordekaiser is the most OP champion due to this AOE bug.

I've been against Mordecaiser and his Q or E whatever it is, it's been hitting me from a huge range, and me saying "wtf mordekaiser stop hacking stfu". Because of his spell ranges out of normal.

A second one was Heimerdinger, his missiles were hitting from afar 550 range and even farer! It was crazy has ***!! I even told him again "wow heimer your so *** cheating that range is so cheated", and he never answered.

Also, a bug like double damage a Anivia at 4 minutes game dealing me 450 damage with Frostshot with me being Vayne, and i called her hacker too, she just had 55 AP.

I feel the need point out two things here. 1. The rocket range for heimer is about 550 normally they were not hacking, you clearly are not aware of how the champ normally works. 2. hiems only aoe, grenade has no additional range so this is clearly limted to just some of the champions.... really 3. anivia has a huge range and damage with that ability if it is the first an only ability that is being upgraded. Sorry dude, these people aren't cheating. they are just really knowledgeable about thier champs ;D

KilICam

Recruiter

12-17-2011

Quote:
TheTechmaturgist:
I feel the need point out two things here. 1. The rocket range for heimer is about 550 normally they were not hacking, you clearly are not aware of how the champ normally works. 2. hiems only aoe, grenade has no additional range so this is clearly limted to just some of the champions.... really 3. anivia has a huge range and damage with that ability if it is the first an only ability that is being upgraded. Sorry dude, these people aren't cheating. they are just really knowledgeable about thier champs ;D

Why are you necroing a thread that ended 4 months ago?? The AoE bug did exist; it did almost double damage and the range was larger than the indicator. It since been fixed, now let this thread die.