Yes the AOE bug is real

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TacoBellAssassin

08-28-2011

morde.....reaches his arm out..never misses...dear god

Aetherspawn

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1zz1 View Post
You do realize that Riot intentionally makes the splats slightly smaller than the actual range of spells, right? This has always been the case for every skill on every character in the game since it first came out, its part of the engine.
Yeah. This is true. But it also seems like somehow the AoE range is a bit bigger than the way it was intentionally made. I was playing an in-house 3v3 and it seems like my friend playing Morde never missed Siphon of Destruction, even when I was behind the last creep and he was in the middle of his wave. Also, one of my RL friends who mains Karthus told me how he noticed his Lay Waste hitting a larger area than it used to.

kozzae

08-28-2011

nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinsoo View Post
OK, those are much more useful.

EDIT: Vladimir is set up like that actually (I'd suppose people don't look at that often). His cast shows a ring of size 350, and finds units within 620. So that's how far Vladimir's E always casts; the ring is just incorrect.

EDIT: Both of Galio's look fine... looking at Lux next

EDIT: Lux looks OK too.

I think Lux and Galio are cases where the particle just doesn't match the effect radius (we probably increased the game radius of the spells at some point and didn't enlargen the particle). Vladimir is just flat out wrong.

I think this thread has been very useful in identifying some particles that need to be enlarged to match their spells' new radius.

Hiei Godsend

08-28-2011

LOL so that's why yesterday when I was laning mid against an Anivia, her stun always hit me even though im out of the supposedly AoE stun range. There's one game too where my teammate was complaining how the hell did he die when Rumble's ult didnt even hit him.

replayssoon

08-28-2011

I think it is a very isolated bug that people are over reacting to and attributing to abilities that are actually working as intended. I can say with certainty that Brand is working as intended as well as Kog and Lux. Mord's siphoning strike has always had a weird cast so it seems to have a larger area the it really does due to people moving and minion placement so it is hard to judge.

Some one in another thread brought up a good point that maybe when Riot added 30 range to starcall they inadvertently added it to multiple abilities. It seems to be instant effect AoE/CC abilites like starcall, lay waste, Cassie's poison, and others maybe. Riot is telling the truth when they say that the area of effect has always been a little large then what was shown. Just like skill shots go a little further then the indicator says they do. I think it is a combination of a bug and the community making a bigger issue by attributing ti skills that are not effected. I am not saying that is not a big deal, it is just not affecting every champ. lol

RenegadeTQ

08-28-2011

I think they patched it yesterday. I KNOW for a fact that there was at one a time a glitch. As Annie I was stunning people way outside of my range. I could have literally smashed my face on the keyboard and hit someone with Tibbers lol. Also, I've seen Swain snaring people WAYYYY outside the range of his circle. This was all 2 days ago.

However, yesterday there was a small patch and I didn't notice any of this...although I did only play a few games. I've yet to play today since the queue is so long >8(

Batavo

08-28-2011

java Inheritance

I guess they did it while changing the soraka skill

Saircen

08-28-2011

dat rake

Vineheart01

08-28-2011

only one i really noticed a bug with aoe attacks with mord's E hitting me a mile away. Im playing Brand and i get whacked when he isnt even in MY range yet...um wtf? only one with more range than Brand is Orianna or Kog's ult wtf?

IOSYS Remilia

08-28-2011

karthus real