@Lyte, suspected Helpful honor misapplication.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kakyoin Noriaki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

I am getting Helpful honor far too often, and I suspect that it's being applied when it shouldn't. I suspect the cause to be players confusing Helpful with Teamwork, especially when supporting is involved.

Helpful: "Any Summoner who helped you learn more about Champions, abilities, items or strategies on the Fields of Justice.

Teamwork: "Any Summoner who communicated and cooperated well with the team."

I have maybe deserved the Helpful honor about 1/3 of the times I've gotten it. Most of the time, I notice that I've mostly gotten Helpful honor when I do a good job as support, but that's the wrong Honor classification. It should be Teamwork instead. I've even gotten Helpful honor for (what I'd guess to be) explaining how I got the blue ribbon in Champion Select (for being a Great Mentor).

Since the Honor system is new, maybe players haven't fully caught on to what the difference between those two is. Or maybe it's that players don't take the time to read the Helpful honor description, and instead just see the word "Helpful" and affiliate it with being a helpful person in-game for Teamwork reasons. I won't make any assumptions, those are just my guesses.

Perhaps consider changing the name of the Helpful honor category to something that better indicates a mentoring affiliation, such as Informative? I think the term "Helpful" is a bit broad and while it is clarified by the description, I don't think everyone reads it. This would also help newer players to the game by clearly distinguishing between Helpful and Teamwork honors merely at the mention of the honor title.

Kakyoin Noriaki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2012

Bump, forums fly by quickly on Thursday nights.

chebasteba

10-11-2012

Ryeah I noticed that too.got it a few times and was like, "i didn't even really say anything let alone help people with info"

Kakyoin Noriaki

10-11-2012

One last bump.

Korean Economy

10-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakyoin01 View Post
One last bump.
Dumb thread