Dominion Release contest (community proposal)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

clickbang

08-28-2011

With Dominion somewhere around the corner... you know... Soon?

I got to thinking
about scoring an ace in a dominion game, but not as most people would think of the term....

With the fast paced nature of the game, it seems that death...deaths will be flying left and right. I purpose we have a contest to see who can go a whole game, win and not die one time. O.o screenshots would not suffice such a feat, so ideally on release of dominion if people were interested they would be recording their games and uploading to youtube

Prize could be bragging rights, orrrrr with the help of some reds be determined later

Any thoughts?
Inputs?
suggestions?

Yarr0w

08-28-2011

I like the idea, but I think a minimum kill count and/or a minimum capture/defend amount should be listed for this challenge. This way the persons team doesn't have to carry the guy trying to complete a challenge to victory, and fewer participants of the contest complete the challenge. Just my thoughts, would be cool to have a dominion challenge when it first starts .

clickbang

08-28-2011

O.o I never thought about a minimum kill or capture count, but sounds like a solid idea (we would need input from someone who has actually played dominion a few times because I can't estimate a fair number)

My take on it is, it seems and I would hope given dominions gameplay that someone can't afk in the starting zone and hope for their team to carry them, that and a video/end game screenshot would show that this person was an afker hiding or not contributing and could be disqualified

Diztrix

08-28-2011

Great idea. I like it. I also think it will be quite hard.
But, I love challenges.

RealMithron

08-28-2011

No.

This would just force people to play certain champs and just camp way back without doing anything as they're too afraid to die. It would make Dominion much more slow paced and more like SR, which is the opposite intent of Dominion.