How would Nasus and Veigar fare in Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mindcracker

08-28-2011

Both of them need to constantly farm a certain skill on minions to be a threat, but there won't be enough time or minions to undergo said farm on the Crystal Scar.

Would there be some means of compensation? Like gaining a stack automatically every few seconds or so? Or is Riot going to change the mechanics of these champs? Or would the two just end up as being SR only champs? :P

Jeremizle

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2011

idk, i'd ask in the dominion section tho

killsteel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2011

Nasus still fairs alright in 3s with the shorter games. Veiger... not so much.

Raggy

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremizle View Post
idk, i'd ask in the dominion section tho
Pretty sure this questions already been asked there as well. I don't know if it ever got a red though.

FDru

08-28-2011

AP Nasus

Also, Veigar doesn't need farm that badly. He gets an AP for every champ kill and there's supposed to be a lot of those happening.

Theorycrafter

08-28-2011

AP Nasus doesn't work, as much as we'd like that.

RealMithron

08-28-2011

A red said that their Q will remain unchanged but that the rest of their abilities (Spit Fire and Event Horizon) work very well at pushing enemies back/holding enemies at bay in Dominion. It was somewhere in general chat, a week ago or so.

Of course I disagree, but whatever. I hate the idea of having to farm up a skill, anyway.

Yaezakura

08-28-2011

I posted a similar topic a while ago, that got a Red response. To copy from there:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brackhar View Post
Minions exist on Dominion and are plentiful, so it's not as bad as you may think for those two characters. Plus they both have great area denial abilities which come in handy when attacking or defending points.
So basically, Riot believes that Nasus and Veigar aren't terribly hindered in the new mode. They've certainly had far more chances to play than most of us, and when Nasus was played in the streams, he didn't seem to be struggling any. But we'll see what happens when the mode has been live for a while.

RealMithron

08-28-2011

I'm still not convinced. You spend much less time farming and focusing on minions in Dominion. I mean, think about how long we spend farming minions in SR. A good 25+ minutes, and even then their Qs aren't -that- powerful without even more farming.

Yaezakura

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMithron View Post
I'm still not convinced. You spend much less time farming and focusing on minions in Dominion. I mean, think about how long we spend farming minions in SR. A good 25+ minutes, and even then their Qs aren't -that- powerful without even more farming.
Well, with Veigar, his Q is less about farming itself and more farming Veigar as a whole--he gains permanent AP, which also effects his other two attack spells. And considering that once he's level 9 (at like, 6 minutes into the game), he gets 5 AP every time he kills a champion, I think the difference won't be terribly noticeable. The mana regen buff also solves his primary farming problem of simply never having enough mana to last hit minions with Q indiscriminately.

Nasus is a bit more of a problem, but I think he can still farm his Q decently. An aggressive Nasus that is constantly pushing in on enemy points will be encountering a lot of minions, and he'll also be gaining his actual AD items a lot faster.

But, as I said, we'll have to wait for the launch and see how it works out once they're in the hands of the larger community. If it proves to be a problem, I can see Riot releasing an item with stats beneficial to all 3 "gain stats by killing minions" champions that increases the rate at which they gain those stats (though not for Veigar killing champions--gaining 10 AP per kill or something would be seriously OP).