With Dominion around the corner...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shini Laser

08-27-2011

Can we say that the phobia of Dominion has been eliminated among most rational people?

While I understand the future of Dominion and it's impact on the game is unknown, is the fear that Dominion will be the new Twisted Treeline and that Riot sucks for doing this and DotA2 is going to be somehow better just because Riot decided to take a gamble and all the other claims that used to be very frequently posted on the forums gone?

I am curious, so discuss.

RealMithron

08-27-2011

I don't think many people were all that worried about Dominion to begin with. It hit the community with a very positive reaction. Almost everyone is looking forward to it, and I don't think even the DotA2 fans had anything bad to say about it.

I don't think anyone views this as the same level as Twisted Treeline, I mean even Riot said directly that TT was a much different approach than Dominion.

tl;dr: No one's said anything bad about Dominion, and no one was ever afraid of it.

Shini Laser

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMithron View Post
I don't think many people were all that worried about Dominion to begin with. It hit the community with a very positive reaction. Almost everyone is looking forward to it, and I don't think even the DotA2 fans had anything bad to say about it.

I don't think anyone views this as the same level as Twisted Treeline, I mean even Riot said directly that TT was a much different approach than Dominion.

tl;dr: No one's said anything bad about Dominion, and no one was ever afraid of it.
You obviously didn't look at the forums pre-Gamescon stream then. Because all it seemed like was a giant rage fest that Dominion was released and not Magna Chamber.

RealMithron

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shini Laser View Post
You obviously didn't look at the forums pre-Gamescon stream then. Because all it seemed like was a giant rage fest that Dominion was released and not Magna Chamber.
That's just the pointless judging **** that means nothing, everyone does that for everything. Once people actually saw Dominion, they were impressed.

And honestly, I saw way more threads about excitement for Dominion during that phase as well.

Shini Laser

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMithron View Post
That's just the pointless judging **** that means nothing, everyone does that for everything. Once people actually saw Dominion, they were impressed.

And honestly, I saw way more threads about excitement for Dominion during that phase as well.
More threads were started with the intention of discussing Dominion and how it will be good, but there were plenty of people in said topics who immediately started questioning the validity of Riot and Dominion with minimal details. However, even through Gamescon, there seemed to be some wavering opinions due to the fact that the only people most of these people watched play Dominion were the Rioters and there were all the questions about will tanky DPS be the superior choice for Dominion and other questions that were settled as more vids of Dominion popped up and opinions from those at PAX were shown on these forums.