College tournament

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rand

09-13-2009

How do I contact a staff member? I work for Residential Computing Connect at Bowling Green Statue University. We are trying to find a game to host a Lan tournament with, and I'd love to work with someone to make LoL that game.

Quizzical

09-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand View Post
How do I contact a staff member? I work for Residential Computing Connect at Bowling Green Statue University. We are trying to find a game to host a Lan tournament with, and I'd love to work with someone to make LoL that game.
I don't think theres currently and Lan compatibility with LoL, you could try emailing them at beta@roitgames.com though.

Rand

09-14-2009

We can create a game, password it, and join. Basically lanning. What I'm really interested in is input from someone from Riot Games so we can set this up great.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

09-14-2009
1 of 2 Riot Posts

We're open to working with people to set up LAN-like parties, but at this time there is no LAN feature in LoL. You will need to play on our public servers to play the game. If you would like more information, please email us at beta@riotgames.com.

Rand

09-16-2009

Thanks! I sent an email. How would BETA NDA come into play if we did this? I'm sure we could just get beta keys on our own and have a tournament but I want to do this legit. Using public servers with a password will serve the same purpose as a Lan game.

Rand

09-29-2009

Sorry for the bump, but I'm trying to get this tournament rolling and I haven't heard back from anyone yet.

Jesse Perring

NOC Technician

09-30-2009
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Setting up a password protected server is going to be unlikely at this time. Playing password protected practice games on the main beta server is the only available setup for this that I know of. If you're still interested in getting this going email me again at beta@riotgames.com and address it to Jesse so I'm sure to get it.