Just came back from Pax...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purplie

Recruiter

08-27-2011

And I gotta say Dominion was really fun. I played it only 4 times and won all of them as Akali.

I did get one of my games commented, which was a personal "Yay!" for me.

But, I really love what Riot has done with this map. Everything seemed really fluid and you can come back from almost any situations. You might have an amazing early game but have a terrible mid game and then come back late! That was the experience of my last game (I thought we were going to lose).

Arg, I just can't wait till Dominion becomes public.

Jadarok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2011

So the rage and snowball effect of having a feeder is diminished in Crystal Scar?

JoBiden

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2011

I played two games, both of them down to the wire eventually ending in my team's victory. The snowball really is diminished, I've seen teams come back when their nexus had 2 health and the enemy had 250.

Purplie

Recruiter

08-27-2011

Yeah, like Gryphon78 said, you can come back from pretty much everything if you put your mind and work together as a team.

I cannot express how much teamwork has to go down in Dominion. I was pinging the map to get people's attention, I was talking in chat about what I was going to be doing and such. It really put a smile to my face when I would ping the "jungle" area to where I saw an enemy champion and one of my teammates would respond.

I think in my last game, we were down somewhere around 100 points (not accurate, don't recall clearly), but our Xin Zhao really pulled us through by capping one of the points. At that point, we had only 1 captured.

I also like to think that almost every champion is viable in the map. Every champion that I have witnessed has played some important role. Even champions like Kog'maw are great. He has huge range which would stop people from capping and can dish out damage but the draw back to this was the fact that his mobility was bad.

The thing I would have to recommend is that capping points is the most important objective. I've seen people chase enemies around and not cap the point and later end up losing the entire game. The HP packs are also important and can save your life in situations.

MashiroSunao

08-27-2011

Great to hear! I love the idea of no snowball! :P

Purplie

Recruiter

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by MashiroSunao View Post
Great to hear! I love the idea of no snowball! :P
All you have to do is play smartly and you will win the game.

RealMithron

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplie View Post
and work together as a team.

I cannot express how much teamwork has to go down in Dominion.
This was exactly what I was hoping Dominion would NOT be like... so that even if I had a terribad team, I could bring the win because I'm that good.

Well, at least if you have a bad team you can send them to capture points. It's not like you need to be really good to right click on a point and take it. Since Dominion isn't 5vs5 and more like 2vs3 and 1vs2 and 2vs2 and ect., I can still probably carry my terribad team mates pretty well. I'll just send them off as bait and leave them to die as I bring the win for my team.

MashiroSunao

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMithron View Post
This was exactly what I was hoping Dominion would NOT be like... so that even if I had a terribad team, I could bring the win because I'm that good.

Well, at least if you have a bad team you can send them to capture points. It's not like you need to be really good to right click on a point and take it. Since Dominion isn't 5vs5 and more like 2vs3 and 1vs2 and 2vs2 and ect., I can still probably carry my terribad team mates pretty well. I'll just send them off as bait and leave them to die as I bring the win for my team.
Illusory superiority.

Purplie

Recruiter

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMithron View Post

With an elitist attitude, you'd probably lose more games. No one likes listening to an elitist tell them what to do.

The Tsak

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplie View Post
With an elitist attitude, you'd probably lose more games. No one likes listening to an elitist tell them what to do.
yeah and if people aren't told what to do half the time they don't know what the **** to do
always good to have someone take initiative
especially on this map