Dominion Speed Shrine

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RaptorJebus1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2011

The speed shrines seem like a good way to get around the map quickly, but it doesn't work as an escape mechanism. I think that the speed shrine should be unavailable if an enemy champion used it first. I've just seen many situations where someone used a shrine to escape and the enemy could just get at the same speed and catch up to them.

RaspyTurnover

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2011

Maybe make it have like a 2 second CD?

Dunno, it seems like a valid point.

RealMithron

08-27-2011

Well, it does help players escape because it helps them reach where they're trying to get to faster. Like if you're running away from someone chasing you, it'll help you reach your turret faster. Even if your enemy reaches your turret just as fast as you, it still forces them back. It can also help you reach your team mates faster to save you. It's still great for escaping.

It might also multiply on speed buffs like Rammus' roll, Zilean's boost, ect. so that if you have speed shoes or abilities, it'll help you create more distance more quickly.

So I don't think it needs a cool down or changing at all.

RaspyTurnover

08-27-2011

True on all those.

I guess we just need to really see how it'll work.

RaptorJebus1

08-27-2011

you're right. o:

RaptorJebus1

08-27-2011

also, do you think it'd be cool to have a boss mode lol

RaptorJebus1

08-27-2011

bump I guess...

M5 GoZu Pepper

Recruiter

08-27-2011

bump i relaly wanna no about this

Yaezakura

08-27-2011

Speed Shrines aren't supposed to be escape mechanisms, really. They're meant to "equalize" the distance between various capture points. While Quarry and Boneyard are physically the closest points, you can theoretically reach any other point just as quickly by hitting a Speed Shrine along the way.