Please Hot Patch AoE bug

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TacoMental

08-27-2011

Bump for red response. I'll try to get some pics for this

Agent Rete

08-27-2011

Yeah I just played a game against brand. He's probably the most unstoppable hero in the game right now. He can pillar you from a rediculous range.

livedevil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2011

Yea I was out of crowstorm today and got hit o_o

Freebirdfood

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Kobra View Post
Seconded this

I saw an ashe get killed by my Ult as Gangplank, when she was out of the green circle.
Screw how big the AoE is here, the fact you actually killed someone with Gangplank's ult should be alarming in itself.

Three Elements

08-27-2011

Originally Posted by Phantom032 *******http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/images/buttons/viewpost.gif********
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHuyqOaZpz4

Many AOE effects hit for too much range, like brands W in the video.

I noticed it too with caitlyns and nidalees traps triggering from too far away, Swain snaring people that were clearly outside of the effect and many similar spells like Gragas barrel and Karthus Q and so on.

Please fix this.

Embs

08-27-2011

It happens with morgs pool too, Killing a whole minion wave never happened before.

Low Key Lyesmith

08-27-2011

/rage

Afflictid

08-27-2011

Gragas barrels are near impossible to dodge.

suprmn4qst4pice

08-27-2011

Can they at least respond to this issue? This is about as game breaking of bug as I've seen in a while, and I've yet to even see a red post acknowledge this.

WaitingonDotA

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMental View Post
Bump for red response. I'll try to get some pics for this
Is this enough red responses?

Quote:
Originally Posted by riotveonneth View Post
alright, i'll break the "red ice."

we've been looking at this since it was reported this morning with several testers, qa analysts, game designers, and even me!

We haven't see anything strange with the exception of teemo's mushrooms, caitlyn's traps, and possibly nidalee's traps.

Regarding all other champions, we've done a sweep on live and do not feel that anything has changed in the talon patch. Just going over some of the champions in this thread, this includes (but is not limited to) brand, fiddlesticks, galio, swain, shaco, anivia, alistar, casseiopia, blitzcrank, leona, mordekaiser, etc.

the one thing i want to note is that every indicator is slightly less than the actual range by design. This has been true for the past 2 years, and is due to the way we calculate ranges and champion positions. We had to make the choice between someone who was slightly outside the range getting hit versus someone who was clearly inside not getting it, and we chose the first.

If anyone can post a video or screenshots, please do. We'll be continuing to investigate, but for now, this feels like hysteria driven by a bug exclusive to teemo and caitlyn.
Quote:
we are continuing to look, but right now, the only video we have to go with is the hotshotgg video posted earlier. That looks like the intended functionality - nidalee is right on the edge of the line, slightly touching it, and so she should get hit. Even hotshotgg, one of the pro players, says on the stream "i'm pretty sure i was in the range of it."

the other screenshot with tristana is extremely helpful. As i mentioned earlier, we do think there's something going on with teemo's mushrooms and caitlyn's traps, and we're looking into those.

But regarding all other champions, the aoe's seem to be working as intended.
Quote:
i've seen the hotshot nidalee video, as i noted before, and that looks like the intended functionality. Nidalee is right on the edge (her foot or spear is touching the line).

And again, it's worth noting that hotshot even says later in the video "no, i think i was in range of it."

if we're talking a 20% increase here, that's noticeable - that's something you'd instantly see and feel. The fact that he didn't seems to indicate that this is just a thread of hysteria.