Item Builds for Master Yi?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chunmyster

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-13-2009

What are the item builds for Master Yi that are used for champion killing? I usually go philosophers stone, berserker's greaves, infinity edge, phantom dancer, it seems to work okay, but i'm wondering about this dual phage build that people reference but never tell what else is in it. Can you list the rest of the builds? Thanks.

DaBaldOne

09-13-2009

There are literally 5 posts about Yi on this very page. Don't be lazy

Aspartem

09-13-2009

Well, i jungle with Yi usually, so i get the items in this order:
Madred's Razor => Atk-Speed Boots => Zeal => Infinity/Phage* => Phage/Infinity* => Phantom Dancer => Mallet* => Guardian Angel.

*Depends on your teammates in which order do you buy them - or even if you've to buy them. If you've plenty of slows / disables you can skip it. Let them land their disables, alpha in, kill them while your tanks initiated and run out after you've done your work.
It's kinda like Hit n' Run.

Usually the game ends when you've got your Dancer or Mallet. If the game drags on, get your wings.

Runes:
Red: Armor Penetration
Yellow: I prefer Hp/lvl
Blue: Clarity (Manareg/lvl)
Quint: 3xMS / Atkspeed / ArmorPen are your best options.

For jungling i usually use Rally / Smite as summoner spells. Masteries don't matter, i went for Offensive 26/0/4 or 22/0/8.

Bookston

09-13-2009

I like to go -

Runes:
Red: Armor Penetration
Yellow: Crit Damage
Blue: Crit Damage
Quint: Crit Chance

Ends up being 20 AP, 14% Crit Damage, 5.5% Crit Chance

Masteries: 22/0/8

I also like to run flash/exhaust. With highlander as your priority you can often get a level 1 kill and definitely by level 3 if you exhaust them first and then blink when they blink.

For items, I like going Vampiric -> 25% Aspd Boots -> Emblem of Valour -> Phage -> Phantom Dancer -> Atma's Impaler -> Frozen Mallet -> Infinity Edge -> Starks Fervor

That's a lot of items, but if you play aggressively (but smart) and go for a kill everytime highlander is up even starting at level 1, you can easily go godlike before 10 minutes, also make use of alpha strike as much as you can and if the other team doesn't surrender and your team gets to 40 minutes, you should have most of the items listed.

Obviously this is a pub build, but it works wonders such that my average k/d ratio is around 25/5.