How to level your champ fast?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kharnedge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2010

I was playing as a melee champion in 5v5, but there were two enemy ranged champs in the same lane as me so I couldn't touch the minions without being forced to recall early in the game... what do I do in that sort of situation? I ended up falling behind by 4 lvls (then again 2 of my teammates left which didn't help at all)

Helidead09

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2010

Which melee champion were you? It really depends on who the enemy is and who you are.

Kharnedge

05-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helidead09 View Post
Which melee champion were you? It really depends on who the enemy is and who you are.
It was me as pantheon against ryze and ashe

colloquial

Emissary of the League

05-17-2010

You have to play very carefully, and try not to push out at all. Only attack minions at the last second so you can get gold for them, but don't kill large amounts. You want the enemy minion wave as close to your tower as possible.

Also you might want to watch this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kxGQ3gWdrM

Its a tutorial made by Shurelia, who works for Riot. Basically it talks about how to do what the other team did to you. But by understanding their tactics it'll be much easier for you to respond and adapt to them.

Helidead09

05-17-2010

Well ryze and ashe is a pretty good laning combo to harrass with. And you were in a lane by yourself? Well usually it shouldnt be a melee vs 2 other people, but in this case, I suggest you use your spear to harrass, get some items that give you more health or armor or magic resist, grab a few hp pots, and maybe run the summoner spell heal for early game so you can lane longer. If all else fails, ask for a lane change. A melee hero shouldnt have to lane against 2 ranged.

colloquial

Emissary of the League

05-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kharnedge View Post
It was me as pantheon against ryze and ashe
If you were pantheon you want to level up your q a little bit. Stay back until you see when a minion is almost dead. As soon as its almost dead run up and use your q. Since its ranged you should be able to get the last hit, giving you gold, as well as ensuring you get the exp for the kill. Then run back to the safety of your tower until you see another minion that is low.

Just make sure you are within exp range whenever a minion dies. Play around until you figure out exactly what this range is, its a very helpful thing to know.

Weyen

05-17-2010

If you're falling behind in XP, you can just stop attacking. As long as you're close, you'll get XP for any mob that dies. If you're getting hammered, you can just stand under your tower and they won't be able to do much against you unless you get low enough for them to dive. Remember that you don't have to be at the front lines fighting, even if you're a melee character. The only hit that matters on a minion is the last one, and that's just for gold. If you're not utterly dominating a lane, you probably don't want to be attacking a minion unless it's going to be a last hit.

I'd strongly suggest, if you're playing a melee character, starting with something like Doran's Shield + HP potion. Doran's shield gives nice starting HP, a bit of health regen, and you can pop the HP potion if they start harassing you too hard.

A bigger problem is going to be falling behind in gold. If they're harassing you too much, you won't be able to get in many last hits. You might consider seeing if anyone wants to switch lanes (melee laning versus two ranged is a huge pain if your lane partner isn't aggressively keeping them off you).

In general, you have to try to keep your health higher than theirs. If they see you running around at 30% health, they're going to be all over you, because they want the kill. If you're still at 80-90% health, they'll probably not waste the time/mana trying to whittle you down as much. So if you're fighting, be ready to back of quick if they attack you even once.

Boomboomown

05-17-2010

Ok I'll tell you what to do since I main Pantheon.

No matter what, start with Doran's Shield. It gives you amazing staying power and makes it very hard to gank you with the right masteries and runes.

2v2: For a 2v2 lane, all you need to do is level Q. Use it to last hit minions since it's really cheap mana-wise. This way even if there are 2 ranged against you, it's still easy to level and gain money.

1v2: Even easier! I love soloing against 2 champions when we have a Warwick jungling. Stay near your tower and last hit minions with Q. If one of them gets too cocky and rushes you, just stun them in range of your tower with W and unload on them. It's really easy once you get the hang of it.

Devil May LOL

05-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomboomown View Post
Ok I'll tell you what to do since I main Pantheon.

No matter what, start with Doran's Shield. It gives you amazing staying power and makes it very hard to gank you with the right masteries and runes.

2v2: For a 2v2 lane, all you need to do is level Q. Use it to last hit minions since it's really cheap mana-wise. This way even if there are 2 ranged against you, it's still easy to level and gain money.

1v2: Even easier! I love soloing against 2 champions when we have a Warwick jungling. Stay near your tower and last hit minions with Q. If one of them gets too cocky and rushes you, just stun them in range of your tower with W and unload on them. It's really easy once you get the hang of it.
pantheon is really a bad champ to 1v2 to be honest. If all you do is hugging tower you will end up lvl at the same rate as their champ and risk losing tower early.

Let other champ handle that 1v2 lane. Pantheon should always go with someone.

YoonieDaCutie

05-17-2010

Some important points for levelling fast:

-Awareness mastery in utility. Increases EXP gained by 5%
-Teleport summoner spell. Helpful to get right back into action and level more. Especially usefil if you can't withstand harassment in-lane.
-Movespeed (to a certain extent).
-Neutral minions (including Dragon and Baron). These provide you and your team with much-needed bonus EXP.
-Presence of a jungler on your team. This frees up another solo lane for more total EXP.
-Killing enemy champions. Killing a higher level enemy champion grants you more EXP.