Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[guide] SHPs guide to Karthus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hedgemonster

04-24-2011

Just stopping by to say thanks - this guide really helped me learn Karthus when I first started playing him. Nowadays I don't do things exactly the same as your guide says, but it was a great launching-off point. The descriptions of the different ways to play him were especially helpful.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Degnared

04-25-2011

Quote:
averil:
Thanks for this post - I'm excited to try out some of your advice. Once I (accidently) played Karthus with my Amumu build, and realized the value of giving him some tankiness.

I play with my husband, and he'd like to find a character that can dovetail well with Karthus - any suggestions?

Amumu is a great tank to compliment Karthus's abilities. Really, anyone with an AoE disable. Galio, Nunu, Malphite, etc. Jarvan is hilarious if he can trap you with people.

I want to see a team with Karthus, Amumu, Jarvan, Fiddlesticks, and Sivir.

The SHP

04-25-2011

Quote:
Degnared:
Amumu is a great tank to compliment Karthus's abilities. Really, anyone with an AoE disable. Galio, Nunu, Malphite, etc. Jarvan is hilarious if he can trap you with people.

I want to see a team with Karthus, Amumu, Jarvan, Fiddlesticks, and Sivir.

for the record, i LOVE karthus-fiddle, especially with AP tank (or as people are now calling it 'suicide Karthus'; i love how a build/strat i came up with over a year ago is only now becoming popular). Suddenly, out of nowhere, you get two AoEs of death flashing on top of you. The fact that the graphics also look so similar adds to the confusion, and if Karthus is the first one in (as he should be, with AP tank) it tends to draw focus from Fiddle

Quote:
Hedgemonster:
Just stopping by to say thanks - this guide really helped me learn Karthus when I first started playing him. Nowadays I don't do things exactly the same as your guide says, but it was a great launching-off point. The descriptions of the different ways to play him were especially helpful.

Thanks for all your hard work!

and you're very welcome, I'm glad to see people using it to gain an appreciation for my favorite ol' bag of bones

and i don't do things exactly as i say in the guide either, adapting playstyle for your own preferences and for the teammates and opponents is the key to becoming a good player (well, that, and i can't be giving away ALL my secrets, now can I? ;-) )