Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[guide] SHPs guide to Karthus

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

General Vanguard

12-10-2010

Quote:
averil:
Thanks for this post - I'm excited to try out some of your advice. Once I (accidently) played Karthus with my Amumu build, and realized the value of giving him some tankiness.

I play with my husband, and he'd like to find a character that can dovetail well with Karthus - any suggestions?

use any other aoe char with Karthus like amumu or Fiddle - it will be fun!

Or even use it with someone who is a late game carry like ashe with her slow u can chase with defile or even tryn u can ult and while they hit him come in with defile. tbh Karthus is really flexible - the key factor i find in team games is how much dmg defile does. IF you can get ur mana levels to 2.5k+ then u can run defile for almost 30seconds straight!!! Then it is a matter of staying alive and thats the job of your tanks and teammates. Which is why tanky AP builds are lots of fun cause u can stay in longer and run that defile doing dmg.

Crazyflames

12-10-2010

I reccomend not going full AP build, you will do lots of damage but you can still do great damage with some survivability items, ROA first, angels staff is great, takes forever to run OOM and these 2 items along give tons of AP. You can go liches bane to add magic resist, AP, and phisical damage which is great for taking down towers. Frozen heart adds great phisical survivability and mana which gives you more AP. Abbysal scepter gives more AP, pen and magic resist, and the boots give more move and magic pen. With this build you get 400 AP and about 6k effective HP, considering your Q does 500 damage a hit with this build and you can dps for longer I think this is the most effective built.

Karthus is NOT a burst damage mage, it takes time to do his damage so I highly reccoment building fairly tanky.

kijik

Recruiter

12-10-2010

listen to this man, SHP is one of the best Karthus players I've ever played with, and he's been around the block a few times, validating his points even more...

Sjuvat is 54

01-15-2011

Quote:
gun fu panda:
Great guide, but the formatting could really use some work. It was difficult to read. Still +1.

you are complaining about formating!. . . seemed fine to me, any thing more helpful to offer?

Sjuvat is 54

01-15-2011

very helpful, looking forward to trying some of your ideas!

The SHP

02-21-2011

updated for item and mechanical changes while i've been away.

The SHP

02-21-2011

Quote:
Sjuvat:
you are complaining about formating!. . . seemed fine to me, any thing more helpful to offer?

the formatting was atrocious when i first wrote it, i editted it quite a bit to make it possible to read without causing the eyes to bleed and beg for mercy

Crazyflames

02-21-2011

Try not to get rylas, his W is the closest slow to a snare you can get and if you can skillshot well, you don't really need the slow for his Q, its a decent item while learning to play him though. He can definately do beter in fights with some tankyness, abyssal scepter, reylas, RoA, lichbane, boots, and deathcap allows him to stay in the fight for a while, while doing pretty good damage.

The SHP

03-31-2011

added a link to my old jungle karthus guide at the bottom. It's a bit outdated, since when i wrote it monsters had negative mr, but it does still work fairly well

Falenore

04-24-2011

I've tried to do the whole "tank build" before as AP, So I think I'm doing to actually try to do the tank build the way you suggest. Should be fun.