Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

League of Legends (TM) Client (Not Responding)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joductape

08-27-2011

Simply put, the League of Legends (TM) Client is not responding when launched. This happens after selecting a champion, or rather, when entering a match. In addition, the tutorials can't start due to this problem. I have to use the Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) to close the non-responsive client. I've tried re-installing the game, re-patching, and even did a system restore to perform all this. I turned off my firewall, and the client still goes unresponsive. Along with that, I did have the patch problem where the progress bar would be stuck at 33%. I solved this by changing the region from NORTH AMERICA to EU NORDIC & EAST. The patch seemed to successfully download. I switched back to the NORTH AMERICA region, the patch was applied, and from there I was able to open the game (PVP.Net). Once again, I can't play the game because the (TM) client does not respond. My screen sometimes goes black, and the loading "circle" for windows vista is in place of the mouse.

I use Windows Vista, and here's some more information:

Laptop: Acer Aspire 4920G
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1 GHz
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT
Graphic Card Approx. Total memory: 1 GB

Other actions I've performed:
-"Repaired" the installation via the patch downloader (where the 2 gear icon is).
-Installed Adobe Air
-Updated my graphics card drivers (unless I'm mistaken or if I didn't get the updated driver)
-Ran the program as administrator

-Attached is a screenshot of what I see when I open the client

Oh yeah, I also came across a "Update Failed" Window when the game was patching. It did this before going on to part 2/2 of the patch process

Let me know if anything else is needed.

Joductape

08-27-2011

Bump

Joductape

08-27-2011

Bump :s

HDoom

08-27-2011

Bump, to help this guy to play LoL again.

Joductape

08-27-2011

BUMP? DId i write too much? maybe I bored someone out?

Siberian Bull

Recruiter

08-27-2011

im having the same problem, it crashes for me when im on teamspeak with some friends

IMlNBEASTMODE

10-19-2011

same problem.

Vyrcei

10-19-2011

Same problem and I get an error for possible issues with firewall. I disable and restart LoL but it continues to tell me the same thing. I have found in the past that rebooting my pc fixes this. Problem with that is I will be very late starting the match.

This actually just happened 15 mins ago and after the reboot I was not given the option to reconnect to the match I had already joined but was allowed to start a new one. I know the match was not over n that short of time.

TinyDragon53

10-05-2012

same, bump

I am Ziggs

08-27-2013

Well after reaserching EXSTENSIVLY i have no problem on my 2010 laptop and its running windows 7, However. I have this problem on EVERY system that is running Windows Vista but i believe that is the problem for some reason Riot doesn't like Vista users.