League of Legends (TM) Client (Not Responding)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Joductape

08-27-2011

Simply put, the League of Legends (TM) Client is not responding when launched. This happens after selecting a champion, or rather, when entering a match. In addition, the tutorials can't start due to this problem. I have to use the Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt + Del) to close the non-responsive client. I've tried re-installing the game, re-patching, and even did a system restore to perform all this. I turned off my firewall, and the client still goes unresponsive. Along with that, I did have the patch problem where the progress bar would be stuck at 33%. I solved this by changing the region from NORTH AMERICA to EU NORDIC & EAST. The patch seemed to successfully download. I switched back to the NORTH AMERICA region, the patch was applied, and from there I was able to open the game (PVP.Net). Once again, I can't play the game because the (TM) client does not respond. My screen sometimes goes black, and the loading "circle" for windows vista is in place of the mouse.

I use Windows Vista, and here's some more information:

Laptop: Acer Aspire 4920G
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.1 GHz
RAM: 2 GB
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XT
Graphic Card Approx. Total memory: 1 GB

Other actions I've performed:
-"Repaired" the installation via the patch downloader (where the 2 gear icon is).
-Installed Adobe Air
-Updated my graphics card drivers (unless I'm mistaken or if I didn't get the updated driver)
-Ran the program as administrator

-Attached is a screenshot of what I see when I open the client

Oh yeah, I also came across a "Update Failed" Window when the game was patching. It did this before going on to part 2/2 of the patch process

Let me know if anything else is needed.

Joductape

08-27-2011

Bump

Joductape

08-27-2011

Bump :s

HDoom

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2011

Bump, to help this guy to play LoL again.

Joductape

08-27-2011

BUMP? DId i write too much? maybe I bored someone out?

Siberian Bull

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2011

im having the same problem, it crashes for me when im on teamspeak with some friends

IMlNBEASTMODE

10-19-2011

same problem.

Vyrcei

10-19-2011

Same problem and I get an error for possible issues with firewall. I disable and restart LoL but it continues to tell me the same thing. I have found in the past that rebooting my pc fixes this. Problem with that is I will be very late starting the match.

This actually just happened 15 mins ago and after the reboot I was not given the option to reconnect to the match I had already joined but was allowed to start a new one. I know the match was not over n that short of time.

TinyDragon53

10-05-2012

same, bump

I am Ziggs

08-27-2013

Well after reaserching EXSTENSIVLY i have no problem on my 2010 laptop and its running windows 7, However. I have this problem on EVERY system that is running Windows Vista but i believe that is the problem for some reason Riot doesn't like Vista users.