will DOMINION have vs AI later?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KazumaSCRYED1

08-26-2011

like title suggest will this happened in the next few years or 6 months?

Yaezakura

08-26-2011

It will eventually have a bot mode, but the current bot AI isn't programmed to handle Dominion-style gameplay. They basically have to create entirely new AIs, so it'll take some time. But we'll get it eventually.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

08-26-2011
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Yes. However, it's a lot of work to make this work, not something that is easy to do.

We are devoting more resources to adding bots soon, but their first job will be to add bots for characters that lack bots -- this will go on for some time first.

- Zileas

Kurvel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Yes. However, it's a lot of work to make this work, not something that is easy to do.

We are devoting more resources to adding bots soon, but their first job will be to add bots for characters that lack bots -- this will go on for some time first.

- Zileas
Corporate time frame question queue dodge like a boss my friend.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

08-26-2011
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurvel View Post
Corporate time frame question queue dodge like a boss my friend.
If I knew the exact date, I'd tell you. Seriously. It's just that it has a ton of uncertainty to it, so we honestly will have no idea how long it will take until we start trying to do it.

Speeny

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2011

So im reading that your adding new bots overall! This is great news!

Malithis

08-26-2011

I've seen alot of criticism about not providing dates on releases or ideas, but what you have to realize is that these people have a number of requests from all of us. Some want new looks to the classic 5v5 others want dominion now, now we want bots for prac. If what was mentioned above a system similar to l4d2 where if there is a quitter the champion becomes AI and works with you i think that would be great (though i am scared the bot may only be able to help so much). But if they are coming out with a game mode they are polishing up, i'm sure something like bots is on their list but they have no idea what troubles may arise to make that date different than estimated. Guys be patient, it's good to ask but if they don't know they don't know haha.

Glaedren

08-26-2011

New bots of different champions first sounds fine to me. Might make Coop v AI genuinely entertaining if you get a totally different enemy team every time like in Normal mode.

Doctor Tam

08-27-2011

Yeah! Maybe we will get Teemo for carry bot!

GmZ BayasaL

08-27-2011

i really like coop vs AI if dominion have a AI enemy it's awesome!