Akali... Nice Concept, Flawed Execution (Especially on Summoner's Rift)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Leathude

05-17-2010

Well, I can't say much about Akali, imo she's not an amazing Champion, but she's also not terrible..

Her Twilight Shroud, now that I agree with.. at times I just stand on the edge of the shroud on Ryze waiting for her to pop out so I can fry her hard... the skill is just terrible.

Change it to keep Akali stealthed for 5-10 seconds after leaving the area, and the skill has a use.

Anniie

05-17-2010

my champ is not perfect and has weaknesses baw

they should definitely go through with that twilight shroud change though

Alphacide

05-17-2010

alkali has insane dps to make up for it.

Meridian

05-17-2010

Akali is on the bad side, and needs fixing. Dead = zero DPS. And whatever DPS she has is bad, anyway.

As a better solution, uninstall LoL and start playing BLC.

Maledicte

05-17-2010

I agree. I really wish that Akali's Shadow Dance could be implemented as not only initiation, but also an escape. I like playing her a lot, but end-game, my score is usually always balanced out, but I never come out even (usually get scores like 8/8,5/5, ect.) Whenever engaging someone, I pretty much go in knowing that I most likely will get a kill, but will immediately die thereafter. I wont deny, I've gotten a few successful (but rare) escapes using Twilight Shroud. Most of the times, however, I don't even use it for myself. In fact, I end up tossing it on the ground, no where near myself, to help teammates escape when being chased (which doesn't slow the enemy by much, but I figure even a little might help).

She's great for last-hitting, and attacking people that are completely alone. Don't even get me started on 5v5 though. Here is usually how things work out for me (and most other Akali players I've seen):
I sit behind my team waiting for someone to initiate. The enemy team focuses/targets someone on my team. I toss a Twilight Shroud down and then Shadow Dance in. I hit someone a few times, and immediately after, all focus is shifted to me and I pretty much die instantly.

Meta

05-17-2010

I strongly disagree. Learning how to juke with shroud is essential.

Purutzil

05-17-2010

Quote:
W - Twilight Shroud

Its a nice idea, but the fact that the enemy can see where you're stealthed just means all they have to do is AoE the area. About the only thing its useful for is preventing 40% of auto attacks and targeted abilities while the Shroud lasts. It is not a viable escape mechanic, and I will publicly laugh in the face of anyone who says otherwise. Its slow is negligible unless you max it out (and even then, its still pretty bad)
I agree a bit with it though as an escape, it actually can do good. Its good to leave the enemy unsure which way you will escape to and can help a lot from avoiding death. its not the best escape but really most escape skills are rather cheap as they are this is one I don't mind so much.

Really the biggest change I see is like you mention maybe adding MR and then making the movement speed debuff a bit better. I think really that would work well enough for her and give it some use against enemies who might use oracles.

Quote:
What I really like is the ability that, while in Twilight Shroud, for Akali to be able to target the ground with Shadow Dance. For everyone (including me) who doesn't simply want to see another copy of Kat's Shunpo, it'd be a very cool idea. It wouldn't cost her too much, and it wouldn't break the functionality of really anything (along with giving her more synergy between her skills).
Yeah that is unique... sept you just mentioned Kassadin's ult which is an aoe flash.

Nomsumer

05-17-2010

Shes fine, you just have to play to her strengths and not assume you should be able to play her like other champs. She is often one of the strongest in game in the hands of the increasingly many strong Akali players.

Maledicte

05-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliani View Post
No.

If every melee champion is able to initiate and escape at little to no harm to themselves, there is no reason for ranged champions to exist anymore.
Most champions have either:

A) a stun/effective snare

or

B) An escape

Name one champion (other than Akali) that does not have one of these.

Meta

05-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maledicte View Post
Most champions have either:

A) a stun/effective snare

or

B) An escape

Name one champion (other than Akali) that does not have one of these.
Mordekaiser
Gangplank
Pantheon (He has a stun, but it brings you to your opponent)
Sivir (unless she ults)
Soraka
Teemo
Twitch
Warwick