Akali... Nice Concept, Flawed Execution (Especially on Summoner's Rift)

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 17
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Oaktree0

05-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathlordx View Post
When trying to think of a few characters that are squishy and have no escape mechanic, there are very few. I agree with much of this post and it doesnt take long to figure out whats wrong with this champion and i shall say this pretty much nailed it. +1
You say whats 'wrong' with her. We can't have a full roster of jaxes for melee dps.

TyrannisUmbra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrael View Post
W - Twilight Shroud

Its a nice idea, but the fact that the enemy can see where you're stealthed just means all they have to do is AoE the area.
It's harder than you might think. There are few AoEs that will hit the entire area of the shroud, and even then she remains stealthed for a few seconds after leaving it. In a previous game as Shen I was able to get her under the shroud with my dash a few times, but for the most part it had probably around a 50% success rate. In a game as Annie the Akali would actually throw it down and jump out of it so my AoE would miss if I tried to hit the area of the shroud.

imo, learn to use the skill better before you say it's bad.

Kushmeyer2

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

05-17-2010

ITT: Senior Members and Almost-Senior Members telling Members to play better

If you build her right Akali is a mean killer with the high lifesteal percentage she can get. And next patch is giving hybrids an epic win item which will only help her even more. And TS in a team fight makes me want to stab myself. Whole team is slowed, akali is invisible and pretty much safe, other team ranged blasts us away if they have any common sense.

sser

05-17-2010

I think that smoke bomb is her escape move. You say it isn't, but I find Akali difficult to track down at times when she uses it. Of course if she uses it in the open field I'll just wait in the center of it, but if it's thrown down in the jungle between brush then I have to start guessing where she's gonna go.

Minrog

05-17-2010

I don't know what qualifies as "squishy" but there are a lot of melee characters that lack escape mechanisms. I didn't count the ones that have tank listed in their description.

Evelyn
Gangplank
Pantheon
Warwick

I'm not sure if Remove Scurvy counts as an escape mechanism for Gangplank. He dies so fast in melee range I don't think it lets him get away. I suppose a case could be made for his Remove Scurvy being about as effective as a dust cloud on the ground is, though.

Remiko Elliot

05-17-2010

If you give Akali's ult the ability to target allies, you have an escaping mechanism with a 1.5 second cooldown. Please explain why that is fair.

Ishalar

05-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minrog View Post
I don't know what qualifies as "squishy" but there are a lot of melee characters that lack escape mechanisms. I didn't count the ones that have tank listed in their description.

Evelyn
Gangplank
Pantheon
Warwick

I'm not sure if Remove Scurvy counts as an escape mechanism for Gangplank. He dies so fast in melee range I don't think it lets him get away. I suppose a case could be made for his Remove Scurvy being about as effective as a dust cloud on the ground is, though.
Okay, let's do this:

Eve: There is a reason she is shut down simply via Oracle, she has no way of not getting insta-killed beyond her stealth.

Gang: Lacks escape mechanism? How does a cleanse without the reduction+heal not equal escape mechanism? Especially when combined with his passive ms+.

Pan: True, he has no escape mechanism. He is also largely considered low mid tier at best, if not just low tier. CC and drop him, just like you would a Yi.

WW: Again, no true escape mechanism, but can flash-stun into fights after his buddies have initiated, and can usually survive the initial AoE spam via the life steal of his ult. Post fight, unless things really went to hell, the speed boost off one of the half health enemies can get him away if he needs to run.

Voidgolem

05-17-2010

Shadow dash to far away enemy minion = Profit.

zCryptz

05-17-2010

I believe its called get a shen to uber taunt the whole team then come in to dps like crazy. Akali is like your average squishy stealth player able to dps like crazy but still squishy. Although her stealth is limited she has the ult which a smart player would ward an escape if necessary.

Gahzoo

05-17-2010

Following up what gryffinp said, simply increasing Akali's survivability can lead to giant changes.

Remember Ryze? (Not the old, old ryze with the god like ultimate) How when they simply changed it so he didn't fall over and die instantly people were crying for nerfs?

12345612 ... 17