Akali... Nice Concept, Flawed Execution (Especially on Summoner's Rift)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

k245

08-29-2010

I just went 20-7-15 yesterday, and then 17-6-5 in a lvl 30 5 man premade today. I'm not really all that great a player, and I was still able to wreck lanes, control dragon, and even initiate lategame fights (with the support of a good Kayle). I don't think I ever even looked at the W key, let alone put a shroud down, and with a simple FoN initiating was a breeze.

She's not bad, and apart from in super high elo competitive play (which few of you are in), she doesn't really need a buff.

CnB84

08-29-2010

Letting her get an ult star on kill or assist was all the buff she needed. Now she can run around murdering things during teammates without a hitch.

Nuwonga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrael View Post
W - Twilight Shroud
It is not a viable escape mechanic, and I will publicly laugh in the face of anyone who says otherwise. Its slow is negiligable unless you max it out (and even then, its still pretty bad)

She's a melee DPS, which means that she has as much survivability (perhaps a little less) than a ranged DPS, but has to be in melee ranged to do just about anything. What every other melee DPS has is an escape mechanic ( Nidalee's Pounce + Primal Surge, Kat's Shunpo, Jax's Leap Strike, Garen's Whirlwind + Decisive Strike, etc.) But where is Akali's?
First of all...what? You say that Twilight Shroud is not an escape mechanism, then claim that Garen's combo of Decisive Strike/Whirlwind is. Garbage. If cleansing all slows then speeding yourself up slightly is an escape mechanism, then so is slowing the person(s) chasing you and cloaking for a few seconds.

A well placed TS can guarantee an Akali's escape. By well-placed, I mean in an area with 2 or more possible paths. You place the Shroud then quickly run in an unnexpected direction, ensuring escape. And no the argument "there's not always a second path" does not work. By that logic, Kat's Shunpo is not an escape because "there aren't always minions around". ANY form of invisibility is an escape mechanism. TS is the worst invis-related escape, but it's still an escape.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrael View Post
What I really like is the ability that, while in Twilight Shroud, for Akali to be able to target the ground with Shadow Dance. For everyone (including me) who doesn't simply want to see another copy of Kat's Shunpo, it'd be a very cool idea. It wouldn't cost her too much, and it wouldn't break the functionality of really anything (along with giving her more synergy between her skills).
Being able to target the ground, even if it's only while in TS, is unfair. An Akali could stay in the TS, burst anyone inside 1 or 2 times, then SD out. She'd turn into another Shaco, but one with an even easier to use escape mechanism. Nobody wants a Shaco who can, every 20 seconds, use Deceive twice in 2 seconds.

Eavens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by PewPewPawn View Post
Okay.... I'm not gonna bother to read everything here i'll be honest I only read the orginal post....

Now I heard some QQ about akali having no escape ability ? well excuse me that she doesn't when she already has 2 abilities to CLOSE IN and a stealth that can be annoying as hell and buy time for team mates to come to her aid. SHE DOES NO NEED A ESCAPE ABILITY. Her passive is redicilous OP (especialy the one that allows for magic damage on normal hits). And you still crying out that she's UP just because she has no escape ?

Learn to play Akali then, she's a assasin, not a tank, no she won't be able to dive into a group, kill 1 person and then safly get out. She's ment too dive in when enemy team is weakened and slaughter them all or pop up unexpected in a lane.

Your conclusion have more to do that you fail at too reckonize what Akali is to be used for then that she's UP.
Trying to make a group fight hero out of a hero that was never ment for it, which in my eyes comes down too failure to learn to play the hero.... Get some skills please --'
Agree.

Akali is amazing in Twisted Treeline, but in Summoner's Rift, using her is more of a challenge. But.. in no way is she UP. You're better off making a new champion than changing Akali with those requests.
What makes it satisfying to play Akali is that she can easily take down anything other than tanks. Just learn how to use her.