Who else hopes Dominion won't be competitive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shini Laser

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealMithron View Post
Games are only fun when they're competitive. If I wanted casual, I'd go play Mario Party.
So . . . I am trying to figure out if you are claiming Mario Party is competitive or you believe casual gaming is completely unfun.

Brdn666

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-27-2011

Want something noncompetitive? Play ARAM or something.

Puskai

08-27-2011

Quote:
Games are only fun when they're competitive. If I wanted casual, I'd go play Mario Party.
Man you are playing LOL....

Johan Björnborg

08-27-2011

Quote:
You sound lonely.

You can play the game and want to win, but you just sound like a tool.

Brozzojoe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2011

Quote:
This guy really can't get enough of mario games and casual players l0l

RealMithron

08-27-2011

Mario Party is a casual game... it's meant for low-commitment, "for fun, no serious" game play. Competitive games, like LoL, need to stay competitive. I have fun in both casuals and competitive games. I play LoL for the competitiveness.

What I'm trying to say is that if you're a casual gamer, play casual games. LoL is not a casual game and should never be a casual game. It should always be competitive and taken seriously. It should be played like a sport, because that's what competitive games are. You wouldn't call Street Fighter a casual game, and you wouldn't call Mario Party a competitive game. Don't call LoL a casual game, it's not and has no need to be.

Dominion will be just as competitive as SR is. Over time, it'll have its own meta game and viable picks. That's just how competitive games work. There will be a tier list, there will be overpowered champions, there will be good and bad items, there will be unbalance. You have to accept that.

Valcio

08-27-2011

Quote:
Family games on Mario Party end up with someone losing about $100 and rage, id say it is pretty competitive.

RealMithron

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valcio View Post
Family games on Mario Party end up with someone losing about $100 and rage, id say it is pretty competitive.
rofl, just because someone bets $100 on a game that's about randomness and party play, AKA casual, doesn't mean it's competitive.

I could bet $100 on a game of Barney's Hide and Seek with someone. Does that mean it's competitive? Afraid not.

Valcio

08-27-2011

Quote:
rofl, just because someone bets $100 on a game that's about randomness and party play, AKA casual, doesn't mean it's competitive.

I could bet $100 on a game of Barney's Hide and Seek with someone. Does that mean it's competitive? Afraid not.
The definition of "Competition" is a contest between 2or more sentient organisms in wich the winner will get a reward af any sort (Fame, Money, Territory, Food etc.)

So yes, betting on Hide and Seek against someone is a form of competition.

Your trolling does not amuse me.

Shini Laser

08-27-2011

Even single player games are competitive in a somewhat metaphysical manner, since it is challenging yourself to accomplish something.

Played Super Meat Boy? It feels like a giant competition on who loses, the wall by you or Fetus Boy.