Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Who else hopes Dominion won't be competitive

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Zyra Africa

08-26-2011

I'm all for competition and balance but please let it stay on summoners rift.

The BEST games in dominion are going to be the first couple of weeks when people play their favorite champions and a majority of them are viable because no one knows better, I for one would like a game type that doesn't have to have a "meta" so that every game (including even normals) doesn't have to look like a cookie cutter of a tournament game. Just 5 players playing a champion they want and having a good time

*crosses fingers* please let their be no "meta" on dominion and let's all just play to have fun and keep the tournaments on summoner's rift.

If all else fails at least we have a few weeks/months until it's figured out and they will be a blast

Nyahbinghi

08-26-2011

I hope you DIAF.

RealMithron

08-26-2011

You're just a casual player. Casuals have no place in LoL. Go play Mario Kart or something, you'd have more fun there. And even I play Mario Kart competitively, but you'll get lucky with a blue shell or two at least.

rumples

08-26-2011

Seriously? die in a fire is an acronym now? thats a sign of the apocalypse i think.

Yaezakura

08-26-2011

Sorry to tell you, but there's a meta in everything. By its very definition.

If every champion is used just as often as every other, then that is one type of metagame--though admittedly one very hard to develop any kind of reliable counter-play against.

But a lot of people seem to have little idea about "metagame" actually means. First, there's the game itself--the rules, the abilities, the objectives, all those things we can't change. That's the game. The metagame is what we, the players, do within the game. The way we behave, the strategies we develop, the strategies we make to beat those first strategies. All of the things we as players have control over are part of the metagame, and they shift constantly.

The metagame is what sent Jax from trash-tier to god of the top lane. No actual changes to the game itself suddenly made him awesome, it was that people found a new way to use him. It's the same thing with the carry + support bottom lane--the problem was, No CS Supports were proving so powerful the only way to break that particular meta was to change the game. People are still likely to try it after the changes, and it will probably work for a while. But sooner or later, something that can consistently beat that strategy will be thought up, and then the meta changes again.

So yeah. Just accept that you can't escape the idea of the metagame. Even just wanting a balanced team that includes tanks and supports along with your damage dealers is metagame behavior, because you know it's stronger than having nothing but squishies. But the more balanced the game is as a whole, the more pliable the metagame becomes, eventually becoming so fluid that only the super dedicated have any hope of keeping up.

And thankfully, game balance improves a little more with every patch.

Jadarok

08-26-2011

I hope Dominion does become competitive. With DotA 2 coming out, trying to steal back all the pros in the competitive scene, Dominion will become a true alternative. A real reason to stick with LoL. I hope Crystal Scar become so popular that it becomes the focus of LoL.

BigHungry

08-27-2011

ye it seems like its gonna be more of a casual thing.

but I'm rly happy with more verity in the game for sure.

Astiahl II

08-27-2011

Buah?! What is this blasphemy? Fun...IN A VIDEO GAME!? That's completely unheard of!

Unfortunately someone will find a way to take the fun out of it, luckily I have a bunch of crazy people I play with over Skype so it's not hard to have fun. :P

Shini Laser

08-27-2011

Quote:
redcloud989:
ye it seems like its gonna be more of a casual thing.

but I'm rly happy with more verity in the game for sure.

I wouldn't guarentee that. It isn't SR, sure, so the amount of competitiveness might not be as great, but I have a feeling that the queue will definitely have plenty of people in it once ranked comes around. I honestly can't wait to see Dominion ranked, because I actually would imagine ELO hell won't be as hellish as in SR, since the amount of team compositions will be greater, meaning less *****ing before the loading screen, and happier teams means better games.

RealMithron

08-27-2011

Quote:
Astiahl II:
Buah?! What is this blasphemy? Fun...IN A VIDEO GAME!? That's completely unheard of!

Unfortunately someone will find a way to take the fun out of it, luckily I have a bunch of crazy people I play with over Skype so it's not hard to have fun. :P

Games are only fun when they're competitive. If I wanted casual, I'd go play Mario Party.