Ryze counter?

1234511 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epic Blue Toast

08-26-2011

Ive been playing ryze alot recently, i found that not only is a simple champion to play but it just seems like theres no solid counter to him. ive put about 100+ games into him over the last month and i think hes one of the most reliable champs through all levels of the match due to his exceptional tankyness and his decent sustained dmg output. im just wondering what is a truly viable counter to him. i would like to find out who is not a good choice to match a ryze against for future ranked games i intend to use him in.

GP Qed JFK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2011

it's called team fights. Ryze is only a 1 target burste champ. sure and can do a little damage AOE with E,R, but his main damage is single target

Knife Man

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2011

Magic resist is a good counter.

Epic Blue Toast

08-26-2011

teamfights is one thing but i am currently only looking at the laning phase, i dont know exactly what champ just has a superior lane against a ryze.

JustMyBassCannon

08-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gsadfsadf View Post
it's called team fights. Ryze is only a 1 target burste champ. sure and can do a little damage AOE with E,R, but his main damage is single target
No, the counter is ganking him. Surprise attacks. He's dangerous in a team fight or solo. But if he can't react fast enough to you appearing and comboing his ass off the Fields, what's he gonna do, die and fall on you?

Epic Blue Toast

08-26-2011

soo if a ryze constanly keeps both sides warded he should win his lane every time? is there really no champ that can beat ryze in lane? building MR and ganks are counters to any ap carry in mid, both can be counterd by ryze by either rushing magic pen or warding .

GP Qed JFK

08-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exdeadman View Post
No, the counter is ganking him. Surprise attacks. He's dangerous in a team fight or solo. But if he can't react fast enough to you appearing and comboing his ass off the Fields, what's he gonna do, die and fall on you?

annie vs ryze. annie get harassed by Q but build your stun and keep poking him
you will win.

CAit vs ryze... Cait recks..

AKAil vs ryze is just a no contest for ryze..

Soraka vs Ryze.. .Ryze QQ's and goes to a different lane

Zaurok

08-26-2011

He's squishy until he gets his items so if he gets jumped on he usually dies during lane. I really hate dashers (ex: akali, xin...) when I play ryze.

EDIT: Faced Galio in mid once... Couldn't dent him...

Epic Blue Toast

08-26-2011

Quote:
annie vs ryze. annie get harassed by Q but build your stun and keep poking him
you will win.

CAit vs ryze... Cait recks..

AKAil vs ryze is just a no contest for ryze..

Soraka vs Ryze.. .Ryze QQ's and goes to a different lane
For annie im willing to say she is not a counter, when i laned against a annie all i had to do was see if her stun was up, if it wasnt i could hit her with a full QWEQ combo and heavly out dmg her at lvl 4 then simply make sure she did not hit me with her stun, just waited till she got sick of holding it till she would Q a minon, then i simply combod her every chance i could as ryze and annies range are very similar.

Cait was a pretty easy mid lane as i only harassed if i could do a full combo then i simply backed off, engageing her at max range leaves u in her atou shot range but erly game u will deal more dmg then her easily.

Akali is one that i have no idea about, i have yet to face one mid and i could see her Ult and invis making it extreamly difficult to harass her, so maybe she is a counter. ill have a buddy of mine play her against me mid cause i really have no idea about that one.

and soraka? if u cant beat a soraka as ryze ur terrible at him.

Tsaalyo

Recruiter

08-26-2011

Lux destroys Ryze. As a Lux player, I can vouch for this. ;D

1234511 ... 12