Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot Voice chat?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vires1

08-26-2011

So it seems to me that Dominion would be perfect for voice chat! Imo it seems that communication and teamwork are going to be even more important in this new game mode than it already was in Summoner's Rift.And it seems the easiest/most effective way to do that would be to smack a key and warn or direct a team or team mate as fast as you can talk. Any input Reds? Are you surprising us with voice chat?

Parcheeseey

08-26-2011

I am almost certain that there is an in game voice chat, as im pretty sure that I've seen some of my friends use it, but i might be wrong.

EDIT: I was wrong, but there have already been a ton of threads about voice chat, and its much better just to have a light voicechat program running on the side rather than letting anyone scream in their mic when someone dies, and you having to deal with it. Even if they had a mute option for it, people can still spam chat.

Vires1

08-26-2011

?

TehInseC

08-26-2011

Though I think it would be a great addition to the game, voice chat would be hard to install into the game and, from other games experiences, would have a lot of problems as well. I think that it's easy enough to use TS and vent to talk so there wouldnt really be much of a reason to put it into the game. If you need to talk to ppl in game u can just ping and I'm sure they can figure it out.

Flamecloak

08-26-2011

and allow the ragers to yell at everyone in the game? no thanks.

Shaneeeee

08-26-2011

Quote:
TrueLoveAddict:
and allow the ragers to yell at everyone in the game? no thanks.

You should not deny features because of fear of ragers. This is a team based game and communication is key in all teams. Besides there is a mute button use it.

DarkenDragon

08-26-2011

its always better to give players options than to deny them the ability to use it all together.

if your afraid of ragers and QQs then theres always the mute function.

Absogotdanglutel

08-26-2011

well theres a mute option in now and technically you cant mute text. So hint its in on dominion patch?