Talon item build help please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myndlss

08-26-2011

hello I just wanted some suggestions on what items to get with talon and what priority they should be in, i know dorians blade first then bers. grieves, but other than that I dont know whats best next. Any suggestions?

pacifistme

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2011

You are doing it wrong already. Most GOOD talons(including myself) have been going CD boots and brutalizer ASAP. That CD reduction is 100% necessary and helps out a ton. You're never going to be really autoattacking so those bezeker grieves are worthless IMO. Then an IE or bloodthirster depending on how you're doing.

All IMO of course.

Death Crave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2011

Talon isnt what I was expecting, he has amazing utility and poke damage, and good chasing power.

His cooldowns arnt long, but arnt short either so my build is a little differnt than most.

I start dorans blade or dorans shield depending on if im playing 3v3 or 5v5, then get boots of lucidity for cooldown reduction since he is more of an AD caster than a melee fighter.

I follow boots by either brutalizer for further cooldown reduction, or trinity force to add damage to his passive and round out his burstyness. After the tri force I like to get Guardian Angel and your choice of either Banshees Veil or Force of Nature, this will let you escape most situations with your life.

So that is my build, any other items are just whatever you like really.

xXxKojixXx

08-26-2011

Why are ppl going tri force he has absolutley nothing that scales ap. Wouldt frozen mallet be better for his passive?

Wretch

08-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Crave View Post
Talon isnt what I was expecting, he has amazing utility and poke damage, and good chasing power.

His cooldowns arnt long, but arnt short either so my build is a little differnt than most.

I start dorans blade or dorans shield depending on if im playing 3v3 or 5v5, then get boots of lucidity for cooldown reduction since he is more of an AD caster than a melee fighter.

I follow boots by either brutalizer for further cooldown reduction, or trinity force to add damage to his passive and round out his burstyness. After the tri force I like to get Guardian Angel and your choice of either Banshees Veil or Force of Nature, this will let you escape most situations with your life.

So that is my build, any other items are just whatever you like really.
I rely on cooldown as well but my build differs a bit.

dorans blade or shield
boots of lucidity
vamp scepter
brutalizer
giants belt or catalyst ( depends on if you need veil or armor)
atmas impaler
sunfire or veil

At this point I either go for an IE or a veil, another armor item, or frozen mallet

Wretch

08-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by K?ji View Post
Why are ppl going tri force he has absolutley nothing that scales ap. Wouldt frozen mallet be better for his passive?
People go triforce for the sheen proc on his fast cooldown Q. Frozen mallet is only required if your team lacks CC.

Kittsy

08-26-2011

I've got a friend on a 6 game win streak with him. Doran's Shield --> Wriggle's seems like a super solid start. Then Brutalizer.

Bulletbait

08-26-2011

Is it just me, or is Talon perfectly designed to be a Crit chance burster? W to slow, E to gap close, Q for the crit with 25% damage boost, auto attack/ult to finish up.

Emoomoo

08-26-2011

I've gotten a PentaKill with Talon already and i just, Build a Philo stone for mana and hp regen, Then go Bloodthirter Cd Boots and a Infin Edge. Later you can get stuff like Frozen Mallet. Damage early game is key, Buying attack speed isn't needed unless you get the phantom dancer to increase your chasing. I play Talon as a heavy damage dealer, My highest crit so far has been 1532 and when ur hitting that hard you dont really need attack speed. Hope this helps

TakumiAkiyama

08-28-2011

CDR is very powerful on Talon, as his ult has an EXTREMELY LOW cooldown and hes more ability based. So, rushing ionian boots and brutalizer is normally a good idea. In other words... these people know what they're talking about.