My first ranked experience:

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kevin Zealon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2011

Duo queue with a friend, figured we had a better chance of winning if we had some lines of communication, besides the ingame chat. (we still actively called mias/pinged/typed)

They ask whos playing what roles, I volunteer myself to tank as galio.
First guy locks talon, says he is going to top.
Second guy says he'll jungle for us, locks shaco
My friend, we'll call him 4th guy.. says he'll go ahead and play orianna and take mid

Its now the third guys turn to pick, he instalocks jarvan and says "not jungling" although we all know we have a jungler already.

At this point, I thought about changing my choice from galio to a carry.. but thought, nah maybe this jarvan knows what he is doing and plans on carrying/roaming. I decide to keep my pick and stick with galio, whom is one of my best champions.

Top is vs Jax
Mid is vs Morgana
Enemy Jungle is Lee Sin
Bottom was perfect meta Cait/Alistar

No one plays badly off the start, our jungle gets ganked early.. but the Lee Sin pulled a really good gank
Top does pretty well, mid feeds a bit but its alright.. its just early game.

Jarvan.. autoattacks the entire time, gets maybe 1 last hit for every 7 cait gets

Well long story short, the jungle ended up going 0-5
my friend in mid is equally as horrid, going 0-5
Top does not counter jax well, going 2-6
And my mid counterpart didnt do as badly, going 0-3
Myself, I went 1-1 as galio by the time we surrendered; sadly my only death was caused my javan ulting me when I tanking 3 people... and then getting himself killed via his ult for the 3rd time.

Now this was a particularly bad game for us, good for the other team.
They had great manners and didn't **** talk.
I told them they played well, it was a good game, and moved on after chatting with them for a bit about how well they did.

Is this typically normal for ranked games, to have such lopsided games, and the risk of having horrible team mates/enemies?

I watch streams, but usually of higher ELO and they tend to have pretty even games.

Right now I am a bit worried to requeue, and get teams like this again, which ends up putting me at a lower ELO range right off the bat.

Promhetheus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2011

I think the first few ranked games are horrible for anyone and it depends on who gets more idiots on their team. Elo changes so much that it is horrible random until you get a few games in. The problem is who gets those idiots in their first games because your elo will almost always be overly low or high.

I have started ranked yesterday and found so many que dodgers in the first few games. It was insane. 4 dodges before starting 2 games. They are really working their way to elo hell fast.

Kevin Zealon

10-02-2011

Well I am hoping that in the next few games I attempt, that I get lucky when it comes to team mates

aphromooX2

10-02-2011

Sorry, I miss clicked and downvoted you, I wanted to up vote you because I'm having pretty much the same experience as you, but In draft picks, I'm too scared to try any ranked matches after playing a couple drafts after becoming level 30 and noticing its just like normal matches. Sure we have our good games and our bad games as Promhetheus pretty much stated, but I recommend getting a team together of people that you can communicate well with or you know how they play.

Vash Da Stampedo

10-03-2011

Guys, here's the thing. If you want to play ranked you're going to get ****ty teammates. It's inevitable. The best thing you can do is find a good friend, or even solo queue by yourself if you have none, and keep on plodding your way up till you get half decent teammates most of the time.