Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Black Screen/BugSplat Crash

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IM ON TROLL TEAM

08-29-2011

Quote:
ChineseRamen:
I frequent the overclock.net forums and thought it was kind of funny someone posted this in the Nvidia thread.

My name is gl0ry and I replied there.

http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/1104424-280-26-driver-bug-something-else.html

Edit: By the way, I can confirm that this issue has nothing to do with my overclocking. I have all my settings on default and it just happened again. I just attached the most current log of my crash, although the log itself doesn't seem to represent anything of the sort just by looking at it.

Another Edit: I also looked in my Event viewer in Windows. I had one of these display crashes on the 22nd and the 23rd, not sure if there was some sort of mini patch or preload of the talon patch, don't quite remember. But after those two days I've had a number of display crashes every day. I didn't have any sort of display crash since before hand.

YO its me contruable from overclock.net
Yah i thought it was either my nvidia driver or my gpu issue. thats y i decided to post on overclock.net
but now i know it's the Talon patch bug. i feel more relieved

Fatwa

08-29-2011

Quote:
ChineseRamen:
Not sure if this log indicates the crash, but by looking at it I assume this is one of the games where it happened. I attempted to add you in game to try to get a chance to talk to you in real time about this issue we've been having.

Added. I'm all over the place for the next day or two though, will try to catch you.

GloriousGlory

08-29-2011

I'm talking to Me feed noobs and we both have the same exact problems that you do.

He's even gone as far as reformatting his computer and to no avail. I really hope we get some type of red response soon. I'm starting to get worried as well.

Fatwa

08-29-2011

Quote:
ChineseRamen:
I'm talking to Me feed noobs and we both have the same exact problems that you do.

He's even gone as far as reformatting his computer and to no avail. I really hope we get some type of red response soon. I'm starting to get worried as well.

Just for kicks, do you usually play the same champs or mix it up frequently?

GloriousGlory

08-29-2011

I can play any role in the game and I own pretty much every champ with the exception of about 8-9. I'm satisfied with my current elo so I'm not playing ranked anymore until Season 2. With that said, in normals I prefer playing fun champs which are normally lower tiered or less competitive.

I figure, why be a try hard? I do it enough in ranked. I know I'm a good player either way and I'm here to have fun in normal games. So my recently played will probably show Gragas, Tryndamere, Ezreal or some other champs that I don't play often in ranked.

With that said, since you're not in the game, do you have any other form of contact perhaps a messenger or skype of some sort? I am trying to get to the bottom of this bug and would love to be able to chat with you more in depth about it without the forum delay.

Xubrai

Recruiter

08-29-2011

Quote:
Fatwa:
Just for kicks, do you usually play the same champs or mix it up frequently?

I know that question wasn't directed to me, but for the sake of input (as well as boredom control), I've purchased a couple of new champions have been playing a wide variety of them recently. I don't really see how playing any certain champion could have this kind of effect, but then again, computers and software are often strange and unpredictable.

In other news, I uninstalled LoLReplay from my computer and have not crashed in the last 24 hours. Whether or not these two phenomenon are connected remains to be seen. Would be nice to see a little official input from Riot regarding the matter, considering that this thread is up to 5 pages, and they haven't said anything about it yet. I'm not saying they aren't doing anything, I'm just saying that it's nice when the guys up top drop by and say "hey, we heard about your problem, and we are doing something about it".

GloriousGlory

08-29-2011

So I was talking with KahIinad earlier and he told me that he was able to stop the crashes by turning everything to low and using borderless window mode.

I already used borderless windowed mode but I haven't yet tried everything at low. Instead I opted to turn off shadows because I've been hearing that they're buggy this patch (especially with ATI users) and I figure that may be the culprit of these crashes.

Right now I haven't had a crash yet with shadows off, but I've only played a couple games so far so I can't be for sure. I will report back with my findings later on, but KhaIinad said that he has had 10+ games now without any driver crashes.

The other thing I noticed is that with shadows off the GPU usage hovers around 50-75% and the temperatures are about 10c lower than what they have been (which seem RIGHT to me considering how the game looks).

SpaceFrog

08-30-2011

Fresh install of the client, I copied over my masteries pages

Played 2 games

had 2 black screens the first game and 1 on the 2nd game (short game)
LoL replay looked like it had crashed, will try keeping it closed til we figure this out

Game 1
black screen at 15:15 & 17:25

Game 2
black screen at 13:20

Fatwa

08-30-2011

Quote:
ChineseRamen:
I can play any role in the game and I own pretty much every champ with the exception of about 8-9. I'm satisfied with my current elo so I'm not playing ranked anymore until Season 2. With that said, in normals I prefer playing fun champs which are normally lower tiered or less competitive.

I figure, why be a try hard? I do it enough in ranked. I know I'm a good player either way and I'm here to have fun in normal games. So my recently played will probably show Gragas, Tryndamere, Ezreal or some other champs that I don't play often in ranked.

With that said, since you're not in the game, do you have any other form of contact perhaps a messenger or skype of some sort? I am trying to get to the bottom of this bug and would love to be able to chat with you more in depth about it without the forum delay.

I won't share that information. I will, however, be online later this afternoon (central).

Fatwa

08-30-2011

Haven't had any crashes for a bit (5 games or so), if I don't crash in the next few games I'm bumping myself back up to Very High shadows from High (dropped it to troubleshoot, had a few crashes post-drop, but less).