Black Screen/BugSplat Crash

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LightofNite

08-28-2011

I have noticed a similar event but it only occurs if i Alt + Tab
A black screen covers my display and I cannot do anything until I restart my computer.

My Post:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post13603231

Mark Of Bane

08-28-2011

This has happened to me in 3 matches in a row. Black screen for a few seconds, sometimes it recovers, sometimes it bombs. It is INCREDIBLY annoying, as it usually leads to an extra death (black screen only happens to me in combat).

SpaceFrog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Of Bane View Post
This has happened to me in 3 matches in a row. Black screen for a few seconds, sometimes it recovers, sometimes it bombs. It is INCREDIBLY annoying, as it usually leads to an extra death (black screen only happens to me in combat).
It seems to be completely random for me. Sometimes I'm lucky enough to be heading back to a tower or base, but usually it occurs at an unfortunate time

I've had crashes while laning, Big teamfights and staring at the respawn on summoners rift

Fatwa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightofNite View Post
I have noticed a similar event but it only occurs if i Alt + Tab
A black screen covers my display and I cannot do anything until I restart my computer.

My Post:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post13603231
Be sure to post your logs and DXDiag. Logs provide information useful for troubleshooting the issue. Riot can't fix the problem without additional information!

Information on how to locate your logs can be found in this thread.

master0068

08-29-2011

Hey I know the LOL RECORDER was increasing the frequencies of the crash. Once removed I still crashed, but they seemed to recover more often. I know this helped a member or two of the thread when they removed it.

I'm still crashing though, and they released a mini patch yesterday, I think I've been more stable since.

On a side note, is anyone using INJECT FXAA ? I'm running it, applied manually, it was a little tricky finding the right place to setup the files, so I'm guessing not many are using it.

GloriousGlory

08-29-2011

Been happening to me ever since Talon patch as well. Have a GTX 570 on an i7, both of which are professionally overclocked. I've stress tested both for ages and if I can run crysis/metro 2033 for 180+ loops without any crashes, or unigine heaven for 7hours straight.. I don't get why LoL is crashing my display driver.

I've tried 275.33 and also 280.26 and have had the same issue. Let it be known that I didn't have any issues what so ever before Talon patch.

Happens randomly in the middle of matches, screen goes black for about 2-3 seconds, drivers recover and resets my overclocks.

I will upload the logs when I get back home later tonight.

Fatwa

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseRamen View Post
Been happening to me ever since Talon patch as well. Have a GTX 570 on an i7, both of which are professionally overclocked. I've stress tested both for ages and if I can run crysis/metro 2033 for 180+ loops without any crashes, or unigine heaven for 7hours straight.. I don't get why LoL is crashing my display driver.

I've tried 275.33 and also 280.26 and have had the same issue. Let it be known that I didn't have any issues what so ever before Talon patch.

Happens randomly in the middle of matches, screen goes black for about 2-3 seconds, drivers recover and resets my overclocks.

I will upload the logs when I get back home later tonight.
Curious, but yet another 5 series card having the same issue. Looking forward to the logs.

GloriousGlory

08-29-2011

Not sure if this log indicates the crash, but by looking at it I assume this is one of the games where it happened. I attempted to add you in game to try to get a chance to talk to you in real time about this issue we've been having.

LightofNite

08-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatwa View Post
Be sure to post your logs and DXDiag. Logs provide information useful for troubleshooting the issue. Riot can't fix the problem without additional information!

Information on how to locate your logs can be found in this thread.
Thank you; I posted a submitted a ticket with 2 R3D logs. I hope they can fix it by next patch =/

GloriousGlory

08-29-2011

I frequent the overclock.net forums and thought it was kind of funny someone posted this in the Nvidia thread.

My name is gl0ry and I replied there.

http://www.overclock.net/nvidia/1104...hing-else.html

Edit: By the way, I can confirm that this issue has nothing to do with my overclocking. I have all my settings on default and it just happened again. I just attached the most current log of my crash, although the log itself doesn't seem to represent anything of the sort just by looking at it.

Another Edit: I also looked in my Event viewer in Windows. I had one of these display crashes on the 22nd and the 23rd, not sure if there was some sort of mini patch or preload of the talon patch, don't quite remember. But after those two days I've had a number of display crashes every day. I didn't have any sort of display crash since before hand.