Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Black Screen/BugSplat Crash

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fatwa

03-02-2012

Just rebumping this thread. For the new people - it's in Nvidia's hands now. Riot has been working with them to solve the problem.

Reason for bumpage:

The latest drivers from Nvidia have made the problem worse. I'm once again getting black screens on a daily basis after only getting them sporadically.

Will provide information if requested, otherwise, I'll assume that you'll continue to work with Nvidia on the matter.

apparat

03-16-2012

I upgraded to latest driver, 296.10, didn't fix anything unfortunately (gtx 275).

But I added the Hacks fix that vhdblood posted and it seems to have improved it a lot, however I still got a black screen today but the frequency seems way down (only one screen in seven games).

Fatwa

03-20-2012

Upgraded to the 296.10 drivers last night, will keep an eye out, already seems to be a bit better behaved.

voorn

03-21-2012

Well the Hacks line seems to have finally resolved this for me. I think I have played about 50 games on various accounts since adding it with 296.10 and have only had one black screen.

Fatwa

03-22-2012

Quote:
voorn:
Well the Hacks line seems to have finally resolved this for me. I think I have played about 50 games on various accounts since adding it with 296.10 and have only had one black screen.

That doesn't sound resolved, more like severely reduced.

voorn

03-27-2012

Quote:
Fatwa:
That doesn't sound resolved, more like severely reduced.

Yeah not resolved at all. I get a black screen about once every 25 games or so now with the Hacks line.

Tøast

03-27-2012

I have the same problem. GTX 570, at first I thought it was just the fact that my graphics card could run it no problem, but when alot of skills and spells went off it would kick up, but now its just random. Always at 60 fps, just cant seem to get rid of the black screen thing.

ToddLee

03-27-2012

Same here. GTX 580 Game black screens every game. Tried hack fix. Play 100+ other games and this doesn't happen. About ready to uninstall the game and try and get my money back from Riot on my RP because this is a defect in your game. I spent money on this game and I want it to work. This isn't fair to me just because I own a newer Nvidia Card that runs every other game 100% perfect. Probably going to get banned also because I just had to quit and afk out of a game because I got a black screen every 3 mintues and I would die each time.

Thanks Riot, keep up the terrible work.

Fatwa

03-28-2012

Quote:
ToddLee:
Same here. GTX 580 Game black screens every game. Tried hack fix. Play 100+ other games and this doesn't happen. About ready to uninstall the game and try and get my money back from Riot on my RP because this is a defect in your game. I spent money on this game and I want it to work. This isn't fair to me just because I own a newer Nvidia Card that runs every other game 100% perfect. Probably going to get banned also because I just had to quit and afk out of a game because I got a black screen every 3 mintues and I would die each time.

Thanks Riot, keep up the terrible work.

If you had read any part of the thread like a person truly concerned about the issue, you would know that the ball is in Nvidia's court at the moment, and that Riot has been working extensively to find the cause of the issue with them.

Riot has earned my respect for their work on resolving this issue, and I specifically appreciate the many -off the clock- hours Samwell/RiotWorldPeace spent looking into the matter.

BlobPower

03-28-2012

It's nice to hear that riot is doing something.

If you look at the output from Process Monitor (from Sysinternals/Microsoft), you might find a hint on what's going on. It shows HDD access, network stuff, registry access and whatnot. With this i found some registry keys that allow me to change some graphics driver stuff. Like the number of threads for the Processor-Specific-Geometry-Pipeline (PSGP), which is related to the shader emulation on my PC. (my GPU does not do it in hardware)