Black Screen/BugSplat Crash

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soller

12-13-2011

I had the issue for a while and it resolved itself a few patches ago after I updated to the 285.62 drivers. Unfortunately the latest patch has reintroduced the black screens screen goes black for 2-3 seconds but doesn't crash.

Graphics card is an Nvidia GTX 570. Here's the log from the latest game.

AangTheAirbender

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2011

After some more playing, the black screen sometimes reoccurs. I'd say it happens maybe once every 10 or so games.

Fatwa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-19-2011

Samwell -

1-3 second black screen
30:40ish into the game
3:25PM CST
Hack line added

R3D log attached.

If you need additional information, please let me know.

Gr0wing

12-21-2011

yeh riot fix this problem. hackline not working anymore =[

Fatwa

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gr0wing View Post
yeh riot fix this problem. hackline not working anymore =[
They've been working with Nvidia, presumably it's either something Nvidia has to fix, or they're working on a solution and we have to wait for it. Making demands won't speed up the process.

Unstizzy

01-09-2012

Ya through reading these post i have come to the conclusion that it it on Nvidia's end. I ran this game with absolutely no issues with my gtx 275 and then I upgraded to a Classified 570. After said upgrade I get a screen reset atleast twice a game. Around 13-15 minutes apart.

EDIT: Also something else to report. This has happened on both my 40" samsung and 24" Acer. Obv. not the monitors though considering its a driver crash. Just throwing the info out there.

apparat

02-21-2012

Have people figured out some sort of temporary fix for this?

I am getting it a lot with GTX 275 on 285.62 drivers. No crash just black screen and then the game resumes. My game client used to crash completely but then I disabled SLI and now it only black screens which is an improvement but still sucks. It seems this may be a coincidence though since they disabled the bugsplats or whatever. UPDATE: tried re-enabling SLI and it causes the game to lock up rather than black screen. So either this is another issue or somehow related.

I don't have anything third party installed like lolreplays or things like that.

I also have not tried the hackline since I have no game.cfg in my CFG directory even if I go into a custom game and change some settings.

apparat

02-26-2012

Tried downgrading to really old 260.99 driver, black screen still persists. Then I updated to the newest 295.73, black screen still persists. Causes me to have the worst deaths in ranked

Thankfully probably 50% of the black screens happen right after champion load when you spawn in the fountain. The other 50% are just random throughout the game.

vhdblood

02-29-2012

I'm running a GTX 275, and I've been unable to play because I'm getting 1-2 black screens, lasting anywhere from 1-5 seconds, per game. I keep getting ridiculous deaths because I run into a turret or someone kills me while I sit idle.

So far I have tried every driver possible, and I even went so far as to reformat my computer (which I needed anyway) to no avail. I had a black-screen the first game.

I have gone into the game multiple times and attempted to change settings to no avail, there is no game.cfg in the folder you specified. The only one I see is in C:\RG\LOL\Config, have they moved it since this discussion has gone on?

Anyway, it's been months since this problem was talked about in-depth, and still it seems to be happening. What's the deal? Is this Riot or Nvidia? If it's Nvidia, why doesn't this happen in other games? If it's Riot, can we please get this fixed?

vhdblood

03-01-2012

The old solution was the same as this one, however, they've moved the config file. I've played 4 games, and I've had no problems yet. Before this, I could not play a single game without 1-3 blackscreens.

PLEASE NOTE: This solution is only for people with the issue that the screen turns black for 1-5 seconds during a game match, and then comes back. This will not fix a bugsplat issue.

Go to C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\Config
In that folder, you will find game.cfg
Open that File in Notepad.
Add these 2 lines (note if [hacks] already exist just add the 1 line below it)
[Hacks]
EndOfFrameBehavior=1