Black Screen/BugSplat Crash

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SpaceFrog

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-13-2011

bump,

just wondering if any1 else is still having problems?

I've turned off shadows and don't get bugsplats anymore. but I still get black screens

GloriousGlory

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2011

No, ever since I added the hack line I haven't had any issues what so ever. And this is with over 600 games of ranked matches this season already to confirm that.

Lower fps, but I still get over 100 since I have strong hardware.

Fatwa

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseRamen View Post
No, ever since I added the hack line I haven't had any issues what so ever. And this is with over 600 games of ranked matches this season already to confirm that.

And I can finally confirm on my end that with the hack line removed, the crash is still present albeit without the bugsplat error. Screen will go black for 1-3 seconds.

I'm sorry to the Riot staff involved that it took so long, I've been extremely busy.

Fatwa

11-21-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Samwell View Post
Hello,

Any of you willing to test out the 285.62 drivers? The changelog says that some TDR errors were addressed.
Congrats on the official account!

--

I'm currently running the 285.62 drivers, and experienced a black screen (without the hack line added) a few nights ago.

SpaceFrog

11-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChineseRamen View Post

I am playing without the hack line.
I have a pretty decent video card, however my CPU & RAM are probably holding me back.

With the hack line i often drop to 15-20fps

Do you guys find dominion more demanding than SR or TT?
I was hoping to get back into playing some ranked solo queue, but after playing so many games of Dominion, I find the pacing of SR painfully slow.

Fatwa

11-30-2011

Blackscreened for 1-3 seconds last night WITH hack line.

Riot World Peace

Associate QA Analyst

11-30-2011
30 of 30 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatwa View Post
Blackscreened for 1-3 seconds last night WITH hack line.
Do you remember when this happened? How many minutes into the game were you?

Fatwa

11-30-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Samwell View Post
Do you remember when this happened? How many minutes into the game were you?
Was laning phase still, second or third gank attempt. I want to say lvl 6-8 (solo top). I'm not able to guesstimate how long that takes the average player. It was late, I was on an epic losing streak, timing wasn't on my mind.

I can, however, tell you the exact scenario. I was chasing/attacking Udyr as Skarner with my Jungler. It was top lane, just on the southern side of river. I blackscreened right before I got into tower range.

AangTheAirbender

12-02-2011

I got an Asus GTX 570 yesterday, and have had the blank screen for 1-3 seconds happen in almost all my games since. I'm 90% sure it happened to me once on Dominion as well.

I was on benchmark setting for Desired FPS and did not have the hack entry in my game.cfg
Using the latest Beta drivers, 290.36

Uploaded dxdiag.txt, couldn't find the r3dlog. Any idea why? The deploy folder had no .txt files in it.

EDIT: Ah ha, the r3dlog file locations seem to have changed to being in the logs folder. Here it is. It's from a game I played this morning, Where it happened 3 times. I was on the blue team, most memorable time it happened I was on the right side of the map going towards either my tri-bush or towards the side bush between the two blue towers in top lane.

Sorry for the lack of GPU-Z logs, didn't have it installed at the time. I will for future occurances. If it helps any, I run MSI Afterburner to overclock, and it shows 0 for all of my cards stats for one tick when this happens (I alt-tabbed a few times to check). It's like my card shuts down for a really small period of time and then comes back to life or something.

AangTheAirbender

12-05-2011

Since my post above, I have changed my settings to cap at 60 FPS and I have added to [hack] to my game.cfg The issue has not occured since, in about 15-20 games of playing. Since it used to happen pretty much every game, I'd say the situation has improved.