Black Screen/BugSplat Crash

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Voltusfive

08-28-2011

I tii am having this crash - i7 950, 6gb corsair - Gtx 570

luckerVN

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2011

got 2 leaves because of this played 2 games normally then randomly it just crashes and then i cant even reconnect

EDIT: i just realised all logs gets deleted if i press repair ...... but it's definitely related to the patch as it had never happened to me before

Fatwa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xubrai View Post
Dang it Fatwa! You want me to do work in order for them to fix this?! What's wrong with you?!

Okay, all kidding aside, I would be more than happy to provide the logs for the recent crashes I've been having. The only problem with that is that there are about 40 logs in the folder, and I have to idea which ones to post. Is there some way of figuring out which ones are the crash logs so I know what to post?

And before you give me a generic, "you're an idiot for asking this" answer, I read the post, I went to the help page, and I know that I'm looking for r3d logs, but again, there's about 40 of them. Thank you.
If you go to the proper location as listed in the link, you'll see a bunch of R3d logs listed by date/time. For instance a game yesterday at 7:57 AM would have the log 2011-08-27_07:57:47_r3dlog

2011-08-27 being 8/27/2011 - the date
07:57:47 being the time, 7:57 AM
r3dlog being the appropriate log

DarkOneBR

08-28-2011

I've been having the same issues, but I think mine began with the Skarner patch, Talon patch seems to have made it worse though.

Link to my bug report with diag, screenshot and files needed:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...&highlight=gpu

Fatwa

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOneBR View Post
I've been having the same issues, but I think mine began with the Skarner patch, Talon patch seems to have made it worse though.

Link to my bug report with diag, screenshot and files needed:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...&highlight=gpu
Curious, I didn't experience any sizable GPU load spikes myself from what I've seen, but I'll pay closer attention.

Yonsy

08-28-2011

I am too having this same exact crash since Talon patch... I have a GTX 570... It has crashed about 9 times since the Talon patch... and it's getting out of hand... I have not had a crash before the patch... I had the newest drivers, and even installed older versions and repaired League... still no luck... I think I am done until there is a fix found, I cant keep crashing in the middle of fights anymore, thats just not me.

Fatwa

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yonsy View Post
I am too having this same exact crash since Talon patch... I have a GTX 570... It has crashed about 9 times since the Talon patch... and it's getting out of hand... I have not had a crash before the patch... I had the newest drivers, and even installed older versions and repaired League... still no luck... I think I am done until there is a fix found, I cant keep crashing in the middle of fights anymore, thats just not me.
They won't find a fix unless you post your logs.

Quit demanding assistance if you're unwilling to provide information. It's childish.

Information on where to locate the logs can be found in this thread, so you won't have to venture far. You did read the thread, didn't you?

DarkOneBR

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatwa View Post
Curious, I didn't experience any sizable GPU load spikes myself from what I've seen, but I'll pay closer attention.
I wouldn't have noticed it happened, but when the game crashed the GPU, which was at ~60% the whole time, suddenly spiked to 99% right when the game crashed, then dropped back down.
GPU at 99% doesn't actually crash games though , so I believe that some odd function in the video library is causing the crashes.

Fatwa

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkOneBR View Post
I wouldn't have noticed it happened, but when the game crashed the GPU, which was at ~60% the whole time, suddenly spiked to 99% right when the game crashed, then dropped back down.
GPU at 99% doesn't actually crash games though , so I believe that some odd function in the video library is causing the crashes.
I've been running the sensors for my games today, but I haven't had a crash yet (also testing another theory - literally avoiding a specific champ at the moment). Highest peak across the games has been 67% with the GTX580.

Xubrai

Recruiter

08-28-2011

Alright, here are the last 5 logs in the folder. I've slept since they were made, so I don't remember which ones are the actual crashed games and which aren't, but I know in at least 2 of them, I encountered the error.

Thanks Fatwa, and thank you in advance Riot for fixing this a.s.a.p.