Black Screen/BugSplat Crash

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oO Undersky Oo

10-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by hohums View Post
Unfortunately this log shows a successful game. Potentially you picked an old log.
Thanks for the answer Hohums.

Not a problem! I have lots of old logs...

Yesterday before reinstalling the game I saved all files with .log extension I could find in the LoL folder and subfolders.

Since they are over 160mb uncomprensed I had to compact it in a .RAR archive:

http://www.2shared.com/file/YaodOS6j/lollogs.html
http://www.2shared.com/document/qUwAZIGS/DxDiag.html

Please I really need your help...I don't want to stop playing LoL

I will add the log before the one i attached in my last post (sorting by last modified)

oO Undersky Oo

10-04-2011

I was reading the attached log (not the old ones i uploaded to 2shared) and I don't understand much about programming but i found 2 lines, one saying "game may crash" and other "crash occurred".

But why? D:

hohums

Software Engineer

10-04-2011
20 of 30 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oO Undersky Oo View Post
I was reading the attached log (not the old ones i uploaded to 2shared) and I don't understand much about programming but i found 2 lines, one saying "game may crash" and other "crash occurred".

But why? D:
The game may crash for that particular issue can be ignored. The "Crash occurred" indicates that you got a bugsplat at that time and the game did indeed crash.

hohums

Software Engineer

10-04-2011
21 of 30 Riot Posts

oO Undersky Oo I looked at your particular crash.

Only one other person submitted a crash like that and it doesn't contain much information for me to say exactly what it is. I'd suggest a repair using the patcher (use the gear in the corner).

oO Undersky Oo

10-04-2011

Quote:
oO Undersky Oo I looked at your particular crash.

Only one other person submitted a crash like that and it doesn't contain much information for me to say exactly what it is. I'd suggest a repair using the patcher (use the gear in the corner).
I found the problem...

Memory!

I have a overclocked E5200 @ 3.5Ghz, I did run memtest86 and first pass gave me 90ish errors.

I increased the voltage from 1.85 to 1.9 and it gave me over 440 errors.

Back to default voltage i removed the overclock, test passed 0 errors.

\o/

hohums

Software Engineer

10-04-2011
22 of 30 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by oO Undersky Oo View Post
I found the problem...

Memory!

I have a overclocked E5200 @ 3.5Ghz, I did run memtest86 and first pass gave me 90ish errors.

I increased the voltage from 1.85 to 1.9 and it gave me over 440 errors.

Back to default voltage i removed the overclock, test passed 0 errors.

\o/
I'll update the bug splat help for that issue, cheers.

oO Undersky Oo

10-04-2011

Quote:
I'll update the bug splat help for that issue, cheers.
But now i experienced the black screen while i was playing, only once but still...

I was thinking if maybe something changed in the game that made it less tolerant to memory errors, even without the overclock I still experience a few "graphic lag spike".

I compare with other games, like WoW is very memory intensive and even with all faults of my memory while overclocked it never gave me a problem, runs very smooth.

Im just saying that, regardless of my case I think theres something wrong with the game since the last the patch, I noticed it load instant when you click Play League of Legends, great improvement! but the core, in-game its not running smooth it "chokes" well i don't know lol just saying my concerns. :P

Thanks for help and hope the next patch improve even more the game.

SG Castiel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2011

Quote:
Here's something else you can try:

In the game.cfg file (not the one in defaults) ie the folder will be something like C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\release s\0.0.0.75\deploy\DATA\CFG\game.cfg

Add these 2 lines (note if [hacks] already exist just add the 1 line below it)
[Hacks]
EndOfFrameBehavior=1

This will most likely lower framerate and is normally only enabled for windows XP machines however it may resolve the crash. Please let me know if it helps.
Will give this a shot, thanks hohums. Will report as often as possible.

Edit: Turned shadows back on and within the first 5 minutes the game actually crashed, said League of legends has stopped responding. I am going to try again and see if that might have just been a fluke.

Fatwa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2011

Quote:
Here's something else you can try:

In the game.cfg file (not the one in defaults) ie the folder will be something like C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\release s\0.0.0.75\deploy\DATA\CFG\game.cfg

Add these 2 lines (note if [hacks] already exist just add the 1 line below it)
[Hacks]
EndOfFrameBehavior=1

This will most likely lower framerate and is normally only enabled for windows XP machines however it may resolve the crash. Please let me know if it helps.
Welcome back to the thread, Hohums!

I've been away for a bit, but I'll be playing until server shutdown tonight. Will update the thread when the servers go down (assuming I can post on the forum).

oO Undersky Oo

10-04-2011

This is weird i overclocked my system again, just like it was before, and the game is working fine without a single crash in 8 games. o.o