Black Screen/BugSplat Crash

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 37
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KillSecurity

08-27-2011

Yeah, Fatwa, i've been having the same issues, only since talon patch. It is DEFINITELY not temp related, as my 580 is running at a cool 35C the entire time while playing League. It comes with the "Video driver has crashed but recovered" after bugsplatting back to desktop. Seems to happen randomly, but was happening way more last night, 8 times IN A SINGLE GAME. Thats compared to 5 games with 0 issues. Seems a big random, eh? Also, like yours, it's only been happening since the Talon patch.

Sekusi

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatwa View Post
Mind adding your r3d log files and DXdiag to your post so we can start getting extra data?

Log Locations:

http://support.leagueoflegends.com/e...f-legends-logs
Here are my logs, I seem to get the black screen every 10-15 minutes.

EDIT: GTX480 here, nvidia driver problem it seems like?

Xubrai

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-27-2011

Having the same problem as well. It used to crash every once in awhile before the Talon patch, but now it's just every other game. I have an Nvidia GeForce GTX570 and I have no problem running newer games like CoD: Black Ops and Homefront. How is it that I can play those graphically intensive games just fine, but League of Legends is able too crash my graphics card almost every game?

My drivers are up to date, I've reinstalled the game twice, there's nothing wrong with my computer. Explain this to me please.

Fatwa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2011

Kneejerk, anecdotal reaction seems to indicate that something is up with LoL and the 5 series Nvidia cards! Hopefully we can continue to gather logs/data to better assist Riot.

Please, if you're having the issue, use the link provided on the first page to locate your logs. Logs contain data, and data helps pinpoint and resolve the problem! Asking for things to get resolved, but not providing logs, is like asking for help but never specifying what's wrong!

Keep 'em coming people, we'll get through this!

SpaceFrog

08-27-2011

Same here, GTX 580 will post logs soon

This is a pain in the ass!!!!!!

i had similar problems with a gtx 285... so i upgraded recently to a 580 and was great for 3 weeks, then talon patch comes out and it's worse.

On the 285 i'd only crash on startup of some games

Fatwa

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceFrog View Post
Same here, GTX 580 will post logs soon

This is a pain in the ass!!!!!!

i had similar problems with a gtx 285... so i upgraded recently to a 580 and was great for 3 weeks, then talon patch comes out and it's worse.

On the 285 i'd only crash on startup of some games
Where are those logs? :\

Xubrai

Recruiter

08-27-2011

Dang it Fatwa! You want me to do work in order for them to fix this?! What's wrong with you?!

Okay, all kidding aside, I would be more than happy to provide the logs for the recent crashes I've been having. The only problem with that is that there are about 40 logs in the folder, and I have to idea which ones to post. Is there some way of figuring out which ones are the crash logs so I know what to post?

And before you give me a generic, "you're an idiot for asking this" answer, I read the post, I went to the help page, and I know that I'm looking for r3d logs, but again, there's about 40 of them. Thank you.

SpaceFrog

08-27-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatwa View Post
Where are those logs? :\
Hi thanks for the post, shows that you care.

Sorry for the lateness, but I came home @ 6AM after an all night LAN session (with multiple LoL crashes which upset my fellow premade LAN buddies)

According to the number of logs I have played 34 games since Talon patch 6 crashes have been recorded by the logs. I've uploaded a 7th log file which appears to have ended normally.

Most of my 'error free games' have log files that end like this 000363.687| 314952.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| WARN| WARNING: Direct3DDevice was released but has a reference count of 206
000363.687| 314952.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ALWAYS| r3dRenderLayer::Close() exit
000363.687| 314952.0000kb| 0.0000kb added| ALWAYS| Destroying the Renderer (1)

whereas the crashes end up like this

000247.739| 705236.0968kb| 0.0000kb added| ERROR| Assert Description: General hard assert occurred, game may crash!
000455.945| 738300.0032kb| 33064.0000kb added| ERROR| r3dD3DBuffer::LockData failed (0x88760870 = Unknown) to lock vertex buffer (3072000 bytes)... It is likely that you will need to upgrade your video drivers.
DXERR: n/a
000456.193| 739648.0000kb| 1348.0000kb added| ERROR| Crash Occurred
000456.193| 739656.0000kb| 8.0000kb added| ERROR| Crash Occurred

Just to clarify my symptoms

I sometimes get a black screen, or a freeze... and it's a 30-50% chance that I will get a bug splat crash. Other times i'm able to stay in the game. But usually it will happen again and crash eventually.

Sometimes after recovering from the freeze/black screen I will lose sound. I have 3 sound devices. (Logitech G35 Headphones, Mini HDMI output via GTX 580, And the m/b sound card which I was not using during the Talon patch, But am switching to now instead of the HDMI) I have lost sound using both the G35 and the HDMI.

I am also using LoL Recorder, The crashes were on an old version (LOLReplay-0.6.9.4)

To recover the sound I enter the menu, disable all sound, and then re-enable sound.

I'm pretty sure i'm using the latest video drivers 280.26

As mentioned earlier I had a similar problem with my old GTX 285. It would only ever crash or go black on loading the first frame of the game, sometimes showing an image of the respawn area before crashing. It was perfectly stable throughout the remainder of the game. I updated video drivers, windows updates, chipset drivers, sound drivers. Noting helped. So I bit the bullet and spent $550 on a new graphics card which worked like a dream for 3 weeks til the Talon patch came out.

Things I am going to try:

Updated LoL Replay to LOLReplay-0.6.9.19
Stopped using HDMI audio output, and am using analog 3.5mm from m/b sound card.
Have downloaded the LoL installer and will reinstall LoL from scratch. Unfortunately the patching process looks like it will take all day. (will leave on overnight)

Definitely not Heat Related, it's a new card and the dust buildup would be minimal. I'm in Melbourne Australia, Currently winter. Last night I was playing in a cold bungalow aka granny flat (a small house/room in the backyard) And it was cold enough that I was shivering, perhaps 10-12 degrees centigrade.

Suggestions:
1) The 'reconnect' button has disappeared from the PVP client, when you are ingame or when it thinks you are in game. (on my old gtx 285 crashes, I could click on the pvp client in the system tray and click reconnect, and I'd be playing carefree 95% of the time). Now I have to close pvp, and relog into LoL before reconnecting.
2) Can you please make the installer up to date with the latest patches or at least 1 or 2 patches behind. After all you have to run a downloader to get the original installation files. The purpose of the downloader program is so that you get the latest version of the program.

Kind Regards your loyal LoL fan who has spent $580 over a 1 year period.
+550 on a new graphics card
+330 on a new modem and router for a stable internet connection
+135 on a G35 for ventrillo/teamspeak

SpaceFrog

08-28-2011

First game of the day and I got a double crash. so here are the 3 logs that cover the 1 game

Kahlinad

08-28-2011

I have the exact same problem.

I have a Palit GTX 570 video card, no overclock or anything. Pretty much every game I play I have at least one video card crash per game, if not like my last one, which was about 5 crashes in one game.

I have no idea why this issue persists, I have a monitor and my gpu doesn't seem to go over 60C even while I'm playing the game.
CPU: core i7-2600k @ 3.GHz
RAM: 8GB @6.6GHz (9-9-9-24)
GPU: Palit Geforce GTX 570 1.2GB DDR5
HDD: 500GB

12345612 ... 37