Talon builds?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jakey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2011

I've yet to find a completely successful Talon build. He seems to scale into mid-lategame pretty decently but he's squishy with relatively low damage early game.

I have only played 2 games as him so far, one with an Irelia-type start with Philosopher's Stone, HoG but Triforce doesn't seem to synergize well with him. Frozen mallet doesn't seem to give enough damage fast enough.

Second game I went with boots/3 health pots, 2 doran's blades, rushed IE due to Q being able to crit, then went BV/BT. This seemed to work really well when in teamfights, wait for someone to drop to half then E in, W, Q, R, step either away from the fight, or towards a more squishy target if you can get away with it, then reactivate R for damage. With this build I think Ionian boots would be best so you can perhaps get 2 full burst combos in per fight. If not Ionians, perhaps swiftness or mobility?

I think I'm wrong by a lot of counts in this post, I'd like to hear community input on how they build Talon and how successful they've been when NOT fed

RogueWolf011

08-26-2011

The way i build is Doran's blade>beserkers greaves>BF Sword>Trinity Force>Blood Thirster>Banshee's Veil>Infinity Edge

Works for me so far, I usually do well.

Jakey

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-26-2011

Bump.

Jakey

08-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf011 View Post
The way i build is Doran's blade>beserkers greaves>BF Sword>Trinity Force>Blood Thirster>Banshee's Veil>Infinity Edge

Works for me so far, I usually do well.
The thing about Triforce is it has a bit of AP which means that's a slightly wasted stat on Talon since he has no AP ratios...His kit has a lot of synergy with itself and AD but I really don't know about Triforce

Minimobster

08-26-2011

I build Doran's Blade > Boots of Mobility > Frozen Mallet > Ghostblade > Phantom Dancer > Bloodthirster > Infinity Edge (replaces Doran's)

VerilyFolly

08-26-2011

This is what I use for him and it seems to work fairly well.
Doran's Blade
Boots of mobility
brutalizer
bloodthirster
frozen mallet
finish up ghostblade
get whatever you need at this point

Babaghanoush

08-26-2011

Doran's blade -> Boots of Speed -> Phage -> Brutaliser -> Youmuus -> Merc Treads -> BF Sword -> IE -> Frozen Mallet -> Atmas...last item whatever you need, won't get that far 9/10 games.

The thing with your passive, it's 10% of your damage so rushing Frozen Mallet isn't neccessary. Get the damage from IE and Youmuu's first, then the Frozen Mallet and Atma's for survivability and even more AD.

Edit:
You can run BT instead as it's more AD but I can never be bothered to charge it up in time for a team fight so I run IE. Plus, the extra crit from Youmuus and Atmas is VERY nice.

RogueWolf011

08-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearedSnake View Post
The thing about Triforce is it has a bit of AP which means that's a slightly wasted stat on Talon since he has no AP ratios...His kit has a lot of synergy with itself and AD but I really don't know about Triforce
Yeah that's been in my mind as a little iffy, but the sheen is really nice at times and it gives a lot of all around stats. I'm still playing around with different things like the infinity i may replace with Frozen Mallet. But i haven't found a good replacement for trinity yet.

Jakey

08-26-2011

I do like Sheen a lot with its effect...but to me Talon seems like a forced AD squishy for a little while, which makes him very hard to play correctly and even more difficult to play him at high Elo. His top lane is questionable..

His kit is so fun, I'd love to see him played in a high level

Von Nicklesnout

08-26-2011

Brutalizer > Ionian Boots > Trinity Force > AD Item > Defensive item > Defensive item is the build I liked the most on Talon.