Anyone Else Notice AOE Has Risen Since Talon Patch?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iSmurfed

08-28-2011

SO TRUE. Morde can now use his E to hit you in your spawn pool, from his spawn pool.

Rawrful

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMental View Post
Its pretty annoying to have riot say "no its working as intended" or "its been this way for weeks" considering that I have played 2800 games of LOL and average about 25 games a week every week.

So according to Riot Logic despite, for the last year and a half, building up my eye hand co-ordination for dodging skill shots I suddently lost my game sense and I'm QQ'ing about something that hasn't even changed. FYI Riot...I noticed this on about 10 champs before I even knew there was a cait trap or teemo trap bug. I didnt see anything about it on the forums I saw incongruence in the game I play constantly. Yet you want to pawn this off as hysteria.

Idiots.
I just got out of a game with Caitlyn for the first time after this patch. A game I was screaming durring because I was playing Talon and it was literally impossible to walk down my lane because three Caitlyn traps made a complete walloff because of their massively increased range. My premade then began watching all the other AoEs.

Lux's Lucent Singularity was blatantly larger than the AoE normally is. Like, it wasn't even close. I've played hundreds of games with Lux in them, and she is NOT THE SAME. Gragas barrels were also noticeably larger than they used to be. Riot, stop lying to us. We can tell your AoEs are busted right now. I understand if you don't know what the cause is, or what the issues is, but pretending everything is fine just doesn't cut it.

It feel to me like it is the placement AoEs that are broken, not every AoE. Traps, Lux's E which is essentually a 'place, then blow up' type spell, Barrel which is another 'place then blow up' type spell. Narrow the skills you are looking at to those and I guarantee you will fine issues.

Drac

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotVeonneth View Post
Alright, I'll break the "red ice."

We've been looking at this since it was reported this morning with several testers, QA analysts, game designers, and even me!

We haven't see anything strange with the exception of Teemo's Mushrooms, Caitlyn's Traps, and possibly Nidalee's Traps.

Regarding all other champions, we've done a sweep on live and do not feel that anything has changed in the Talon patch. Just going over some of the champions in this thread, this includes (but is not limited to) Brand, Fiddlesticks, Galio, Swain, Shaco, Anivia, Alistar, Casseiopia, Blitzcrank, Leona, Mordekaiser, etc.

The one thing I want to note is that every indicator is slightly less than the actual range by design. This has been true for the past 2 years, and is due to the way we calculate ranges and champion positions. We had to make the choice between someone who was slightly outside the range getting hit versus someone who was clearly inside not getting it, and we chose the first.

If anyone can post a video or screenshots, please do. We'll be continuing to investigate, but for now, this feels like hysteria driven by a bug exclusive to Teemo and Caitlyn.
Proof of karthus Q bug http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7td23H7J6w

Batavo

08-28-2011

They just bugged it qhen changing soraka's skill range

ObscureClockwork

08-28-2011

true with orianna, i just hit someone with q, and he walked like hella far away

its going to make me sloppy T.T

ChaosNil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2011

Seems to happen with gragas barrels. They seem to be hitting from very far away, moreso than before.

Sunoke

08-28-2011

Riot, pls fix this! There are still no real fair matches against that AOE Heroes on Lane.

TwistWrist

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom032 View Post
Same thing, but view from above:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbjKhr2wuW0
Wow. Just wow.

CrippledHorse

08-28-2011

nah, come on you guys, brand's aoe hitting outside of the circle is just hysteria. you guys are being ridiculous.

IS186afbf367d955

08-29-2011

The video with brand or karthus is pretty clear.. Saying it's probably just hysteria is ridiculous and is kind of a lack of respect from Riot to the players.