Anyone Else Notice AOE Has Risen Since Talon Patch?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Esaru

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMental View Post
Its pretty annoying to have riot say "no its working as intended" or "its been this way for weeks" considering that I have played 2800 games of LOL and average about 25 games a week every week.

So according to Riot Logic despite, for the last year and a half, building up my eye hand co-ordination for dodging skill shots I suddently lost my game sense and I'm QQ'ing about something that hasn't even changed. FYI Riot...I noticed this on about 10 champs before I even knew there was a cait trap or teemo trap bug. I didnt see anything about it on the forums I saw incongruence in the game I play constantly. Yet you want to pawn this off as hysteria.

Idiots.
lol this is just about how I feel as well

BiggestJohn

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyAardvark View Post
I notice that Morde's cone is ridiculously huge in range now, and Brand's pillar hits you even when you aren't in it.
yeah, mords cone is broken beyond belief he can hit u with it from **** near anywhere. this isnt from the talon patch this has been there for awhile. i dont know if riot meant to make it so large or what. all i know is the REALLY good mords, know about this bug/actual ******edly long range, and they exploit it. it gives mord kills early or allows him to just farm a wave and completely deny an enemy.
MORD MID FTW

Phantom032

08-28-2011

It seems riot still has not seen these videos, at least i cannot find a comment on them:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWZufTWOBBs
Same thing, but view from above:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbjKhr2wuW0

Working as intended? I think not.
(I want to add that this does not always happen and tomorrow I will spend time trying to find out how exactly to reproduce it)

warmonkey

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoMental View Post
Its pretty annoying to have riot say "no its working as intended" or "its been this way for weeks" considering that I have played 2800 games of LOL and average about 25 games a week every week.

So according to Riot Logic despite, for the last year and a half, building up my eye hand co-ordination for dodging skill shots I suddently lost my game sense and I'm QQ'ing about something that hasn't even changed. FYI Riot...I noticed this on about 10 champs before I even knew there was a cait trap or teemo trap bug. I didnt see anything about it on the forums I saw incongruence in the game I play constantly. Yet you want to pawn this off as hysteria.

Idiots.

Heh.

Same here. I've got near (maybe over by now) 3k normal games and 400 ranked, I've been playing since Augost of '09.

I didn't see this on the forums. I searched for it, because something was horribly wrong with Singed's gas, and I figured someone else may have noticed it too.

It's not like he's a new champ. And it's not like I can be mistaken -- if I'm in front of Singed, and he is not flipping me, I'm outside of his range to flip me. And if I'm being hit by gas that he's TRAILING BEHIND HIM... something is seriously wrong. It is not in my head. If Singed was closer to me, I would have been flipped behind him. He wasn't -- so how could **** behind him be hitting me.

Mord's cone is doing it too. He can walk up, hit the front line of creep, hit the caster creep, AND hit me standing well behind those creep.

So is Rumble's Flamespitter.

I've played, and played against, these champs enough to know how far to expect damage to come from them.

It's nearly twice what it used to be.

I mean, jeez. Want to reproduce it, enter a game, press Q, there you go. Rumble's Flamespitter you can actually *SEE* extending way further than it should be

DarkOneBR

08-28-2011

Looking at all the pics and videos I think I know what's happening.
For some reason, collision detection is goofing up, in every screenshot and video I've seen some part of the champion is drawn over the AoE.
This means that even though in a 3D plane the champion is outside the area if you get the screenshot and consider it 2D (flat) some part of the champion is overlapping with the AoE (Nidalee's spear, Malphites rock spine, Ashe's bow).
This seriously screws with your perception since I believe everyone considers the game in 3D for positioning.

Backyard Mime

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotVeonneth View Post
The one thing I want to note is that every indicator is slightly less than the actual range by design. This has been true for the past 2 years, and is due to the way we calculate ranges and champion positions. We had to make the choice between someone who was slightly outside the range getting hit versus someone who was clearly inside not getting it, and we chose the first.
I'm familiar with this, and take advantage of it with Morde, but the difference between displayed AoE and actual really does seem to have risen with him. I first noticed it with Morde (before seeing any threads like this) and not traps or shrooms.

edit: while this bug is in effect, I might start building Tiamats...

Dera Mochimazzi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2011

I noticed extended range of my spear. It adds about the length of the end of the arrow

ChaosNil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-28-2011

Well, I have been testing it with Mord and Cho. No changes found. Mord still hits right on the side of the targeting circle, as intended. This is the same with cho. Just a tine bit out of the circle, about half the size of an in game blade of grass, it wont hit. That is NOWHERE NEAR 20%. The animation even had part of a spike go through annie, because the animation is huge.

I however have not tested it with traps yet. Probably wont since it has already been redpost validated that its true.

PerFeCtiOnzZ

08-28-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by F0rd View Post
It's probably related to the change with Soraka's range on starcall. They most likely changed the base of the AoE in it without realizing that every other AoE was affected.

How can they not realize such basic things? -___-

Calberin

08-28-2011

In Twisted Treeline, at the well, if you stand in the corner between the inhibitor and the spawn of the enemy, the spawn turret can still hit you, even though you are not anywhere near its range...