Will Utility Mastery be essential for Dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OxBaker

08-25-2011

Utility Mastery: Increases the duration of shrines, relics, quests, and neutral monster buffs by 15%/30%

Seems to me that increasing such regular bonuses to health, mana, speed, ect. by 30% would make it almost necessary for any champ playing Dominion to take the Utility Tree for it. What think you?

rumples

08-25-2011

i think the health/mana pickup is instant so that one wouldnt be effected, the speed boost and relic would though. How many times in a given game are you going to be able to get the relic though? Im curious how this works for quests

Mallechos

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumples View Post
Im curious how this works for quests
I believe your team gets a buff for completing a quest, so I think it just increases the duration of said buff.

Yaezakura

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallechos View Post
I believe your team gets a buff for completing a quest, so I think it just increases the duration of said buff.
Indeed. Completing a quest gives your entire team the Mark of the Conqueror buff, which the mastery would increase the duration by 30%.

rumples

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallechos View Post
ah gotcha, i still dont think it will effect the health/mana pickups tho

OxBaker

08-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by rumples View Post
ah gotcha, i still dont think it will effect the health/mana pickups tho
I guess it depends how the pickups work. If they regen a certain amount over a certain period of time then the time/amount may be increased by 30%. I dunno, seems like a "must have" mastery to me.

meson8

08-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaezakura View Post
Indeed. Completing a quest gives your entire team the Mark of the Conqueror buff, which the mastery would increase the duration by 30%.
Not necessarily of fair comparison because people do Baron less, but does everyone get the duration buff because it makes Baron last longer?

Yaezakura

08-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson8 View Post
Not necessarily of fair comparison because people do Baron less, but does everyone get the duration buff because it makes Baron last longer?
The mastery only effects the buff on yourself. You all get the buff at the same time, but it's still technically a different buff on every person--one person dies and loses it, but it won't take it away from anyone else, etc.

JunSupport

08-26-2011

30% isn't a huge deal, but it's definitely significant.

I really think the offensive mastery tree needs a buff.
Stats like Brute Force and Lethality are hardly worth putting points into unless you're a hard carry or assassin.

This makes it hard to get to Havoc even if we wanted to.