Katarina or Akail?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

łlluminate

08-25-2011

Who should I Get? -.-

TwistWrist

08-25-2011

The one that you have tried and enjoyed more. Both have their hard counters.

Dubledox

08-25-2011

I enjoy Akali more, and I think she's more competitive. However Kat is extremely fun as well, and can be devastating. Your call really. I've played both extensively and I enjoy AKali more, however.

Melogrunty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2011

Both characters are fun. Katarina has a much better escaping mechanism than Akali as well. Katarina is based on cooldowns while Akali requires managing energy. Katarina is near useless when the enemy team has stuns however.

Akali is a much more efficient squishy killer than Kat and she is better at farming. She is not as strongly affected when the other team has a lot of CC. Akali's weaknesses are fighting teams with tanky dps, which are starting to become more popular, and if someone buys an Oracle Elixir your effectiveness is very limited. If they other team has a Lee Sin, expect to do horrible that game because he is Akali's hard counter. Her passives need 10 AD and 20 AP to activate so you are very limited in your starting items: either depending on buying a Doran's Blade to activate her AD passive or buying the proper tier 3 runes so you can start out with boots or an AP item.

Assassins are exciting but their downside is depending on the enemy team comp they will either be extremely effective or they will do very badly.

EDIT: I have more understanding of Akali than Katarina. I'm sure someone can provide more info on Kat.