Will Vlad be viable ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Duh Lave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2011

Seeing how the whole -20% healing debuff is there, will he be any good ?

Stave

08-25-2011

No but not because of the debuff. Vlads pure viability in a non power laning sense is the fact that he has three viable AOE abilities and a powerful cleanup Q on no CD. Dominion wont have 5v5 fights, making his aoe a lot less useful. He may see play but he will be less OP than he is now

socketnaut

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stave View Post
No but not because of the debuff. Vlads pure viability in a non power laning sense is the fact that he has three viable AOE abilities and a powerful cleanup Q on no CD. Dominion wont have 5v5 fights, making his aoe a lot less useful. He may see play but he will be less OP than he is now
I agree with your other points, but he's not currently overpowered in any way.

despondent

08-25-2011

im sure in a pain train comp he would be real strong because of the ult. and tides of blood would be real strong for defense

Silpheed

08-25-2011

I think he'll be fine. With how quickly you level, you get past Vlad's weak period pretty quickly, and he's a very strong champion in small scale battles. As mentioned earlier, he'll be able to defend points like a boss and his ult compliments other AoE ults extremely well. A Vlad + Kat ult combo is devastating.

delrancho223

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silpheed View Post
I think he'll be fine. With how quickly you level, you get past Vlad's weak period pretty quickly, and he's a very strong champion in small scale battles. As mentioned earlier, he'll be able to defend points like a boss and his ult compliments other AoE ults extremely well. A Vlad + Kat ult combo is devastating.
^^ this. Having stuck by vlad through all his nurfs all i can say is that getting past his week point in a game is the hardest part. Dominion will allow him to function better than SR so i expect him to be something like a dominion specif champ. There are always going to be better champs for SR and ones that are better for Dominion and in this case i think Vlad will be making several appearances; not to mention he is the fist champ i can't wait to try in dominion due to the increase exp rate.

Kraytex

08-25-2011

There is a 20% healing debuff?

Wicked Demiurge

08-26-2011

I don't think he will be very good. There are better 1v1 fighters now. I think the same mages who are picked on summoner's rift will consistently be picked on dominion.

I love Vlad and will play him from time to time, but he will continue to be subpar in terms of power. Overnerfed.

Kyroc

08-26-2011

Vlad isnt viable in summoners rift, he wont be viable in dominion after all the nerfs directly and indirectly.