Colourblind / Colorblind Mod RED vs BLUE, help needed

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Levyten

05-16-2010

Table of contents:

A0. intro
A1. What we got so far
A2. What needs to be done
A3. Personal thoughts

A0 - Intro -

Lets face this fact: Riot will never make this game colorblind/colourblind friendly, so lets do it ourselves.

My dream: Red vs Blue and not Blue vs Blue (as aprox 10% of males do see it)

The most colourblind can differentiate those two colours as easy as "normal" people can with red/green;blue/purple.

A1:
What we got so far:

----------
-Minimap change: Allies are blue, baddies are red
aswell as Blue and Red Name Tags

Link:http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=111508

screenshots(from that topic):
Tags
http://imgur.com/A0wFF.png
Minimap
http://imgur.com/PAMw7.png

credits to:Pyrolistical

Red(instead of purple) Ingame Minions
+diffently coloured Heathbars

Link: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ead.php?t=6543

screenshots:http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...1&d=1251215878

credits to:HappyNihil

Warning: if u put those files directly into the HeroPak_client.zip file as said in the original topic, you will have to reinstall the game at every patch.

How to install and have no problems with patching: download the "Colourblind fix rar file.pdf" file, change the file suffix to .rar from .pdf(because u cant upload rars in this forum) and unzipp this file in the the /game folder of you game. This doesnt override anything and works with patches

p.s. I fixed the heathbars myself, thats why they different than the riot ones :/

A2:
What needs to be done.

1. We need someone to change the heathbars.tga from the HeroPak_client.zip/data/images to be RED vs BLUE and self white or something neutral...

2. I dont know if those things are possible:
2a- Change the colour of the friendly fake chaco(jester) to something else then green...i died to offten trying to save that fake.
2b- Change the colour from the poison smoke from singed to something very dark/bright, because the purple is sometimes invisible on the winter map or in TT
2c- Is it possible to change the colour of circles (like the one from Panths ult) to RED vs BLUE? would be awesome!
2d- Is it possible to change the colour of Akalis "Smoke bomb" from purple to somehing else, same reason as with singed.
2e- Veigars Stun thingies have different colours, depending on team(I cant see the difference, but the patchnotes said so), is it possible to change them to RED VS BLUE?
2f- Is there a difference between friendly Zillian bombs and enemies Zillian Bombs?

3. Is it possible to change the small text "purple inhibitor is respawned" into RED inhib respawned?

4. We need some1 who could make a nice install file that would: Unzipp file into the right folder and edit .cfg files. Would be nice if it could as reverse all the changes done aswell with a single click .

5. Any other colour related requests?

A3
Personal thoughts

I played MW2 and a bit BFBC2 and both games were not colorblind friendly. The worst thing about them is that they do not support mods at all and that fixing the colourblind issue(that would require someone to change ONE ******* line of code) is not a high priority...
8-10% of all males and 0.5% of all females are "colour blind". Hell, thats a lot! Thats one guy in every game of Summoners Rift!
I dont get it why some companies ignore the colourblind...ignore 10% of they customers...to tell the truth, my first round of LoL lasted for 3 minutes, then i quit the game and started to look for a colourblind fix on the net...
But many colourblind arent as informed as I am and just resign if they encounter a problem with colours... or just suffer and try to come along...and have a wery hard time and not as much fun as they should.
I am colourblind, aswell as my brother and one of my best friends...At the moment 30-100% of our Clan are therefore colourblind xD (100% if only the 3 of us are online)
I take this whole colourblindness thing very personal...I tried to make some change in BFBC2 and made a 16page topic over there...
http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/li...2.page#3629743
And i encouner many topics in this forum aswell, where people complain about bad colours and stuff... e.g.:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...=1#post1267897

i hope we, as a very large community can produce an easy to install solution that makes riot look stupid and will become a sticky in the forums.

Levyten

Vidal

05-16-2010

I doubt 10% of males are colorblind but good effort and I hope this works out for those who are colorblind.

Boximus Maximus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-19-2010

This is a great and noble idea. My roommate is colorblind and he expresses the same views that you do. thanks for the fix!

Sheppardo

05-19-2010

I will:
Change Healthbars
Change Shaco Clone Colour

Mr MotU

05-20-2010

This is great. I'm colorblind too. Team fights are the worst. I just see ten champs that all have the same color healthbars -.-

There is a mod for healthbars that I found that modifies the Champion and minion healthbars. The friendlies are yellow with this mod (at least for me XD).

But it isn't complete because you can't see the Energy Bars of the new champs as well as Mordes shield. Those bars are just blank. So if someone knows how to fix this, that would be great!

If you want to use it, be sure to read the readme :-)

Levyten

05-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MotU View Post
But it isn't complete because you can't see the Energy Bars of the new champs as well as Mordes shield. Those bars are just blank. So if someone knows how to fix this, that would be great!
The reason that you dont see the energy and the shlied from morde is that the "fixed" file is an old one...from an old version without morde and ninjas. And the instalation method described is bad aswell.
Just use the healthbars.tga from the file I uploaded, it has ninja and morde things.
just unzipp the file in the first post into your lolgame/data folder and be happy

Mr MotU

05-22-2010

Thx Levyten. I've been looking for a newer version but couldn't find any. Should have read your post more carefully XD

Viro Melchior

05-22-2010

As a non-colorblind person, I'd still like to say thanks for taking the time to do this.
Maybe Riot will get the hint and start increasing Riot-supported UI customization, especially since there are many *different* kinds of colorblindness, as well as various other reasons that the default colors are sub-optimal

Boximus Maximus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-22-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidal View Post
I doubt 10% of males are colorblind but good effort and I hope this works out for those who are colorblind.
please check your facts before you post and make yourself look less intelligent.

"#09 About 8% of all men are suffering from color blindness."

http://www.colblindor.com/2009/01/06...lor-blindness/

Levyten

05-23-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viro Melchior View Post
... especially since there are many *different* kinds of colorblindness, as well as various other reasons that the default colors are sub-optimal
#21 99% of all colorblind people are suffering from red-green color blindness.