Which kassadin build is the best ?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

asdz

05-16-2010

I played around 50 games with kass, and read about several ways to build this char.

Now the most obvious for me, was simply stacking AP, mejaj's, sorc's or merc's, and zhonya was enough for around 500 AP. And this worked quite well - riftwalk in, nuke carry, get out to safety, repeat if needed. The only thing i did not like about that build is...that it makes the gameplay with kass quite boring.

Now, i've noticed that high elo players tend to build Kass with trinity force and some AS items. What's the idea behind that 1 ? I tested it a bit , with decent results however it doesn't seems for me to good... Well kassadin is not a tanky char, so walking around the battlefield with his sword and smashing things, doesn't seem to great. Especially that after playing with this build i had the feeling, that the dmg i was doing in 5 secs, i could have done in 1 sec with AP build(being more fragile, yet less in the danger zone).

Last thing i am wondering... Why trinity force? Wouldn't Lichbane be better? It makes the build kind of hybrid, since you most likely need RoA to get some surviveability, yet you don't really need AS to make great dmg. Just a single slash between casting spells does the trick. And you still stack quite a lot AP to make your spells, and lichbane attacks really powerfull.

Please share your thoughts and ways of building this quite entertaining hero.

PS. My views on melee kass are based on games with no runes supporting such kind of build.

Katten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

Kassadins passive is usually forgoten or taken lightly.
Having a bit of survivability is good, taking a heavy skill from a champ makes kassadin sick in melee.

Going trinityforce adds attackspeed/hp/extra damage, im not shure but I think his level 18 damage lands around 100+ without any items.
Having trinity, banshe or any other survivability, (preferd sunfire/banshe) then going for some damage, like bloodthirster, makes him a rather fearsome opponent, shure he cant stay in the fray for too long, but he can jump in and out like a jojo.

Going in, smashing for teleportdamage, silence, and usually your forcepuls (sometimes this is spamable in teamfights <3) is only there a hefty damage, add 1-2 trinityforce hits, and the ****load of auto-attacks you can get off during this tiny time, due to his passive, then teleport out.

You can most of the time run his 3 combo, and 2 trinity hits without dying, out, wait for a good moment and back in. you can run away easy, or chase, or run away and let them chase to just turn it around again.

Thou non-ap kassadin is suckbat earlygame until mid-late, rather hard champ to use.
Having ap is easy but boring as you stated, there is pros-cons with everything.

Imo attackspeed aint that good on him (besides trinity and passive) rather grab some red attackspeed runes to balance it out, or the attackspeed shoes. (he can teleport, he nearly dont need boots!)

Usually running full mp5, with a-speed red ones, and movementspeed biggies.

Talents is mostly utillity to intelligence, then offensive down to imp ignite and the 15% m-pen.
even without ap his spells does intense damage.

Marlmos

05-16-2010

http://www.leaguecraft.com/builder/K...655b199620e3db

thats how i build kassadin in nearly every game (for sure the survivability item depends on enemies lineup and skills)
and i do good with it.
in most case i dont use the riftwalk for initiation. i use it to get fast out of range of the enemies carry, cause no matter how much survivability-items you have, you´re still a squishy mage.

i play kassadin in most case like an assasin. get in, unload Q, meleehit, unload E meleehit, get out of the fight (or stay if you dont have to go back if you arent focused) but in most case, you WILL be in enemies focus, they want to kill you as soon as they see that your dmg is HEAVY after you hit the 300AP mark.
i dont think its boring to play this way (allways depending on how much the enemies keeps pressure on you)

it took long for me to survive the early game with kassa since i was way to aggressive with him, but now i think i do good with him and i always have fun playing him.

Katten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-16-2010

So, peaked into it a bit better, without any damage heightening items he have 110+ damage around level 16 if I recall right, thats why trinityforce is a good investment as starter along with the attackspeed from it, boots and his passive its hefty aswell as auto-attack. dont forget the manasteal!

Edit: Rushing a trinityforce only if you dont have any other issues with enemies, getting some hp/survivability is prob better after sheen.
Having you in teamfights from level 1 to 10+ usually means bad, since you will take more space then use most of the time, after that, you can be one of the initators without a too high risk, and still dish out som seriouse damage.
Slow-growing champ.

I hope they buff the timer his passive is on and add some more meleedps/survivability (his manasteal vs non-mana users could need a look or something), more hp/mr/armor maby.

Imo they could scale down the ap-ratio on his items a thad bit to make it up.

Tieryal

05-16-2010

Playing as AP kass is a lot of fun and you generally have the best abilities to tower dive and catch people. There is nothing better than rifting over trees next to someone at a tower, bursting them and getting away when there are 3 other champs sitting there.

During team fights you can stack rift walk and get a few shots in with it on a team and end the whole fight quickly. Last night I had a 10 stack of rift walk, rifted into a bush, and did the qe combo and got a quadra kill in < 4 seconds. You could also rift in, burst and rift out/pick off stragglers.

I've heard about the high elo doing AS but I've tried at least 5 different builds for AS and have never liked it and overall they were seriously worthless.

Elhehir

05-16-2010

How do you accumulate 10 stacks of riftwalk? Wouldn't that take like, 5700 mana to use with the qe combo?

BonkFever

05-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elhehir View Post
How do you accumulate 10 stacks of riftwalk? Wouldn't that take like, 5700 mana to use with the qe combo?
You do it in the spawning area, and if you use tear of the goddess/archangel staff you'll have lots of mana, and if you have golem buff with the spawn regen

you can stack rift walks, then tele to a minion and insta 1200-2000 damage someone.... just to piss them off.