leaving a game should not prevent you from joining another

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Achenar

09-20-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathCrAb View Post
Firstly .. I think I know what epic games I will play. some of them are not affected by leavers period. As for friends .. this "selfishness" comes through the desire to play with ones friends.

And lastly .... unless the epic game is LoL, this leaver system has no effect.
Yes. It's understandable to want to play with your friends. However, it's selfish to ruin a game for nine other people so that YOU can have fun. It's still selfish, and it shouldn't be rewarded.

Brad - while a system like that could be good, I still don't think leavers should be able to join another game (which is where that system them gets messy, because it needs to determine whether or not a leaver is likely to return).

GraveDigger

09-21-2009

no one will join game to play with leaver's hero with stats like 0-20 without items at lategame.

this is completely stupid

in left 4 dead no RPG elements and everyone start in same state.

Monnok

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-21-2009

I like the /votekick idea.
I have also had games where we had to wait till the 15 minute mark because 2 people disconnected right at the start, due to ragequitting or w/e. I think it should be lowered down to 10 minutes

Forcing someone to reconnect is awesome. I think it has made people stick to it and work with the team instead of just giving up, because they know they have almost no choice. It does have its drawbacks, true, But I think it has helped more than harmed

Shaky010

09-21-2009

Its no fun for one team to go down a player and its worse if the player leaves because 'a friend turned up.' way to ruin a game when that player could be the deciding factor my team winning.

Also how is it fair that when someone leaves that I'll probably end up with a loss against my record? All this just because you wanted to play with your mates.

@OP have you had someone leave mid game and then your team starts to loose and you get a loss? pretty frustrating huh? Thats what your doing to your team mates at the time also.

DaiAku

09-22-2009

The current implementation (only allowing you to re-enter a game and not join another) is one of the best features in LOL matching system. Please don't change this - ever.

Axem Red

09-22-2009

My LoL crashes, which it does often. I am now unable to re-join my previous game, because "Try restarting the client" which does nothing. I also cannot join a new game, because.. Well I'm not sure why. I guess I'll go play another game while I wait for the game I actually want to play stops crashing, and not letting me get back into the game.

Achenar

09-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axem Red View Post
My LoL crashes, which it does often. I am now unable to re-join my previous game, because "Try restarting the client" which does nothing. I also cannot join a new game, because.. Well I'm not sure why. I guess I'll go play another game while I wait for the game I actually want to play stops crashing, and not letting me get back into the game.
Welcome to a beta - you're just about guaranteed to get bugs like this, which will need to be ironed out by the devs. The problem here isn't that the system doesn't allow leavers to start a new game, it's that the rejoin feature is bugging out.