leaving a game should not prevent you from joining another

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nonpareil

09-13-2009

Scenario 1 that happens quite frequently:

No friends are online. You immediately join up a game, and your buddies come on. You want to play with them, so you quit your current game. It doesnt matter what you do, the interface now prevents you from joining another game until that other one finishes. So, my friends are forced to wait 40minutes to an hour, just so I can join up with them? Denying the user experience like this is not something I enjoy.

Scenario 2:
You get horrible jerk teammates and you just want to leave and start another game, but you're forced for 30-40 minutes to continue playing with those tards.

Combine these two scenarios and you have a most frustrating game experience:
Your friends are waiting for 40 minutes for you to finish and the team you are on is full of jerk newb players =\ Give me a break. This is way too restrictive

YummyCheese

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

09-13-2009

For scenario one: First of all, you're friends don't NEED you to play. Yes, you will have more fun playing with your friends, but the people in your current game are going to have less fun because they are a player down and are likely going to lose because of it.

Scenario 2: It's called surrender. If the game really IS going that badly and you don't want to play anymore, you surrender. If you're teammates don't want to then you're probably exaggerating the situation and the game isn't that hopeless.

If it's a combination of the two, well, I'm sure your friends can bear to wait 15 minutes.

Mefron

09-13-2009

This is probably one of the best features of this game, don't try and take it away...

Throumbious

09-13-2009

There are 9 other players on that game, i dont give a **** if you want to leave the game, if you cant play it, then dont enter it.

Demandred

09-13-2009

If your friends really get on right after you they can play a game without you and you can wait 5-10 minutes for them. Also, I have no wish for this game to degenerate into dota. Being able to leave is a terrible idea, in dota you hardly ever finish a game with full house, whereas on here I haven't only twice.

sycsadist

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-13-2009

i think the time should be lessen to 10mins? because i was in a game where 3 of my team mates were disconnected, thats why the game was so lame, and sometimes, 15mins is alot of time if you have to wait for the game to be over, or something

Running Naked Fat Man

09-13-2009

Dear lord do not change this feature! I hate it enough when you are in queue and right before the game launches someone leaves, and you have to get back in line! If you want to play with your friends that badly, someone will wait. If you or a friend don't want to wait, then you don't want to play that bad together.

Demandred

09-13-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycsadist View Post
i think the time should be lessen to 10mins? because i was in a game where 3 of my team mates were disconnected, thats why the game was so lame, and sometimes, 15mins is alot of time if you have to wait for the game to be over, or something
Why wouldn't you surrender?

Just browse the net, work on your rune pages, browse the possibilities of a new mastery layout, go grab a drink, whatever.

Stamos

09-13-2009

Quote:
leaving a game should not prevent you from joining another
Yes it should.

Eithyr

Adjudicator

09-13-2009

Nonpareil: Yay, they removed the leaving penalty. [Left last game to play with friend]
Nonpareil's Friend: Nice.

-Game Starts-

Teamate 1: Sorry, my friend just logged on. [Leaves]
Teamate 2: Same here, sorry. [Leaves]
Teamate 3: WTF? [Leaves]
Nonpareil: ...

Rinse and Repeat.

12345 ... 7