Over 2 Million Summoners Tune in to Weekend Livestreams!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Intrepid IU

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cordain View Post
I'm not gonna comment on the "fanboy" thing since i'm not a fanboy of anything, but this is a LEAGUE OF LEGENDS forum and replying with something like "dota 2 hurr hurr derp" on a thread like this is just stupid and insulting to the developers. make on general discussion forum a thread " dota 2 had 3 million views " or whatever but don't do it on a thread like this... or you WILL be labelled a stupid, hateful troll.

oh and btw. I love and hate valve for one reason : half life. Probably the best shooter I've ever played and have many fond memories of it. Valve hasn't released a word on a follow-up of the series for almost (if not more i'm not sure) 3 years. Yet FANBOYS like you stroll along and say that valve listens to its community - YEAH. RIGHT.

Blizzard - all I have to say: Starcraft: Ghost. Trailer, interview, promises. Delivery? None. I am a former WoW player and a frequent forum goer there. Did I ever get to chat with a game developer in the forums? NO. Did I get feedback in a video about changes in a patch? NO. Did I get what I wanted in any of its expansions? Tricky question, some I did but mostly it was dissapointment.

Don't bring up names like Valve and Blizzard when you OBVIOUSLY know NOTHING about their relationships to the community.

Riot is young, industrious, successful and friendly (sometimes too friendly imo) to its fanbase. I respect them.

Anyone who has hate towards them is simply hateful by nature and ergo a troll. Troll.
I agree with you that other big companies may or may not listen to their community but that doesn't give Riot any excuse. "They didn't do it so i don't either", that just sounds childish. I think LoL, has great potential such a ground breaking game. However, the way they are going now is just slowly flushing it down the drain. I would rather then charge me to buy the game, then to make these silly stupid changes.

Saturdays

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2011

Its mostly because people did not have any other choice since DotA 2 is over for now

Cordain

08-25-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomz View Post
I agree with you that other big companies may or may not listen to their community but that doesn't give Riot any excuse. "They didn't do it so i don't either", that just sounds childish. I think LoL, has great potential such a ground breaking game. However, the way they are going now is just slowly flushing it down the drain. I would rather then charge me to buy the game, then to make these silly stupid changes.
i think you are confused, sir. my point was that riot DOES listen to the community. Eve UP? BUFF! Eve OP? NERF! Eve still OP? Remove stealth! Alistar underused needs remake? REMADE! Alistar op? NERF! Soraka heals too much? Nerf heal oops now she does too much dmg! (inc NERF).

They listen to the community. In fact the community is indirectly dictating the direction of the game, even if in small ammounts. They take their players' feedback when they change something.

So these "silly stupid changes" most of them are QQ's taken from the forums written by you people. So there you have it. And don't tell me it's not true I check the forums daily and play quite often to know the general opinion of people on who's OP and UP and I always get that confirmed by patch notes. So ya they do listen.

No idea what u were talking about.

Thaila

08-26-2011

nice tournament, but dominion looks bad. when I first heard about it, it sounded kinda fun, but after watchin the stream I realized they stole exactly the same idea from DotA's capture the flag-gamemode. and btw: that gamemode bombed back then in the DotA community and it will fail in LoL too (anyone remember TT btw?)

Goobmon

08-26-2011

yeah i admit i watched dota2 and it was terrible...ruined the original.

edit1: Dominion was more exciting and fresh

Deathecus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

08-26-2011

Success!

Congratulations Riot!

Fflarn

08-26-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartz View Post
You can't name a company that does half of that, because Riot doesn't. Most games that are in the microtransaction/subscription business have active developers that are friendly and such. However I'd say there are dozens of other games with developers and companies that listen to community feedback better than Riot (IceFrog and Valve are one of those devs/companies, Blizzard also does this better)...

And in all my time I've never once see Riot change their minds or do something on the urging of the community, the recent support nerfs, which saw thousands of downvotes, went through without even the smallest changes suggested by the community, or even acknowledgement of the widespread discontent surrounding the changes.

People are excited for DoTA2 for a reason, they're not trolling. They're honestly hoping that Dota2 can make good on the monstrous shortcomings present in LoL which it's owning company fails to address. Balancing, proper spectation, wide variety in hero abilities, interesting and unique itemization.... These are all things Riot has failed to do with its monstrous revenue and years of development that IceFrog managed to do while assumedly living in his mom's basement.

You gotta expect when Riot tries to puff out its chest about its viewership numbers, the people that are pissed off with the way Riot runs the only viable MoBA on the market are going to point out the fact that the competitors game, which is not even in open beta, CRUSHED the numbers that LoL is posting, even though it unveiled its own 'new game mode' at the same time as a major tournament.

But I can see how you see it as trolling if you're a butthurt fanboy hoping that Riot will issue you a free 'DEFENDER RYZE' skin for sticking up for them on the forums.
Don't worry about people like this. When DOTA2 comes out they'll just be posting the same sort of vitriol posts on DOTA2 forums and swapping out 'Riot' for 'Valve', and good riddance to them.

danickel

08-27-2011

First of all, comment on the stats: congratulations RIOT. You seem to have done well, regarding how many followers you got. And one more thing I want to add: you are the reason why the MOBA community has been growing in the past few years instead of dwindling. With LoL we got a game with exciting new heroes, abilities and so on, which is well-balanced and even free to play! Thanks for that.

That's all I wanted to write beforehand, to show how much I really like LoL, but looking at DotA 2 - and I hope I may comment on this here - was really huge looking at the casts. And why not be truthful: it's got the better graphics, the interface even now looks better and the heroes... you know, it's "just" the old ones.. but it is the originals! I think a lot of people will swap - maybe including me - but that never means that RIOT can't get back in, for example by doing LoL 2 with the exact same set of heroes, runes, masteries that make it unique but better gameplay graphics and so on. It's just a shame that probably everyone will decide what to play. Hardly anyone will want to adjust to 2 MOBAs at the same time... (and have you even noticed: I didn't even mention HoN with a word here, which is another compliment to LoL).

Palasit

08-27-2011

Advertisers must be drooling over these numbers XD This game is growing at rapid rates now, i am extremely impressed with how far it has become, back when i joined in mid October, barely anyone knew about it, but today i can say the name and everyone knows what it is.

Btw randomz, im sure it may seem as if Riot doesnt listen to the community, but trust me, they do, mind you they also have to take into consideration ALL the aspects of what that change might cause

Zellmer

08-31-2011

Seriously? Since it wasn't unique hits you may as well use the attachment of the semi final interview to show how much interest there was..

Quote:
Advertisers must be drooling over these numbers XD This game is growing at rapid rates now, i am extremely impressed with how far it has become, back when i joined in mid October, barely anyone knew about it, but today i can say the name and everyone knows what it is.
Didn't DOTA 2's beta tournament run at the same time shatter the viewer counts/records even with like 4-5 different languages/commentary streams? Yeah...