Champion Suggestions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

0lecranon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2011

I just got to level 9 and I have a lot of points saved up. I was wondering what champions people would suggest buying. I liked rammus when he was free, so I think I'm thinking of a tank type character. Or if anyone could suggest a character i could try branching out for attack or magic. I also thought jungling with Warwick was pretty fun even though i sucked pretty bad about it. I guess i'm being pretty non-specific. I just want to have a champ i can pick that people won't pick first.

Melogrunty

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-24-2011

The only popular pick I see a lot at low levels is Master Yi and Teemo. Most of the other 450 and 1350 champions are still very good just not popular.

Kittsy

08-24-2011

If you liked Rammus, go for him! He's great fun and can get away with laning in low level games until you get the runes to jungle with him.

Ubermensche

08-24-2011

The most important thing is that you find a champion (or type of champion) that you really enjoy playing. I could rattle off a list of the currently overpowered champions here, but that's going to change every patch. For example, Shaco's not currently very powerful, but I'm pretty hooked on his skill-intensive, high-risk, high-reward play style. If you want to learn how to jungle Warwick, I can help you out with that. He's currently my most played in ranked.

0lecranon

08-24-2011

You can jungle with rammus? The whole runes thing is really confusing to me. Should i bother buying runes right now or should i just wait until i'm higher level?

TwistWrist

08-24-2011

Pretty sure Rammus is rune dependent to jungle.

Plz Buff Shaco

08-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0lecranon View Post
You can jungle with rammus? The whole runes thing is really confusing to me. Should i bother buying runes right now or should i just wait until i'm higher level?
Don't buy runes until you're level 21+.

DemolisherGod

08-24-2011

Some suggestions, play with easy or medium champions... I like DPS and champions that are great in 1 v 1 such as Jax, Tryndamere and Xin Zhao.

DemolisherGod

08-24-2011

Yi is a great champion and so easy to use, also is Annie.

Laknob

08-24-2011

Dr. Mundo can be built into a pretty beast tank with a slow and good dmg (you said you liked Ramus), hes in the 1350 range.
In the T3 champions you could go with Mordekaiser (also can be built tanky and do TONS of dmg) if built right.
I would suggest though that you play the champion before buying, as I can't tell you how many times I've bought a champ that turned out to be dull or just not my play style.

GL with your picks.

PS. Good guide for Mundo http://www.solomid.net/guides.php?g=4709

The Mordekaiser build is much like the Mundo build.