Connection Error - Connection Failure: unable to connect to the PVP.net Server

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Epi2

06-27-2011

THIS IS WHAT I DID TO FIX MY PROBLEM

Not able to get to sign on screen?

1. Bring LoL up to the screen where you click play.
2. click the setting icon, which is next to the minimize and close icon
3. in the settings menu under "Repair Installation" click repair
- allow this to run all the way through i at first also tried uninstalling and reinstalling LoL and still had this problem but by clicking repair installation it was fixed-
If steps 1-3 didn't work im sorry your past my help

Unable to sign in and connect to pvp.net?

* this problem is where it gets tricky because everyone has a different router their is no uniform answer to this. from what I've gathered this problem is stuck to one's network/computer which makes troubleshooting a pain so all i can do is try to aid you *
TRY THIS FIRST
1. First of all (for those of us running Windows ) try opening your "network and sharing center"
2. Once in the Network and Sharing Center click on Manage Wireless Networks
3. ONLY REMOVE IF YOU CAN SET IT BACK UP YOURSELF then click on the connection you use to connect to the internet and remove it.
4. once removed from the settings reconnect to that wireless access point and save it like you did once before.
5 once you have internet again try launching LoL again if it works success if not let's move on.

FIREWALL

-for me my problem didn't involve my computer firewall settings it was strictly to the router. so im not going to poke my head into that and if your parents doesn't want you messing with the router setting ask them to try this for you-

1. First bring up your router's setup page (how you get to this all depends on your brand)
2. the two things i disabled were my firewall and i disabled my NAT (there is no set way for me to guide you to these options on your setup page because once again every brand is different but your NAT settings are usually under your gateway-> LAN)
3. then i rebooted my router which is a option inside your router setup. BE SURE to do this when no one else is using the internet because it will knock them off and will make a lot of unhappy campers also when i say reboot i don't mean unplug it from it's power and plug it back
4. once rebooted and I had internet access again i launched LoL and was able to login successfully
-funny thing about disabling the NAT is that it might not allow you to connect to the router at first through wireless so have a Ethernet cord ready just in case cause you will have to have to connect directly to the router to re enable the NAT if this occurs. but you should not have a problem if you're the only one trying to connect to the router.
5. so by now either it will work or it will not. if it didn't help you just re enable your routers NAT and firewall and reboot it again. nothing will be harmed but at least you tried to fix it. BUT if it did work enable the NAT again first reboot the router connect to the internet and try logging back into LoL this way by implementing them back one by one we can isolate what the problem is for most of us players. if all still works try putting your firewall back on reboot and try to connect to LoL if it works hurray but if not it will give you the same "cannot connect to pvp.net" screen again therefore it's a firewall problem Please NOTE I had a problem with the firewall even though i had my router's firewall turned off i turned it on applied the setting and turned it off again and all was well why it worked i don't know.

Hopefully that worked for you guys if it did work leave a reply for it either being a NAT problem or a firewall. Thumbs up it this worked or thumbs down if it's useless for you guys. I'm sorry if this doesn't help but i'm going to rejoice and stop typing and start playing. Since i know how frustrating it was to not know what was going on i though i'd post this before i play Good Luck! :P

ALMOST FORGOT!!!
My Java was messed up so you might want to look into seeing if your java is up to date as well

TictacTactic

06-29-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal Twinkie View Post
This message usually appears due to a connectivity issue, latency in the network from the user to Riot servers. Run this test and post the results url, that way I can see your connection.

http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/
Hello Twinkie I've been having this error for about a month or 2 now here are my results. http://n2.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...6573-4961-835a
I've been trying to trouble shoot this error for ever I would greatly appreciate a response. I am new to posting on threads so I apologise if I am doing something wrong. Thank you

Audley

07-01-2011

issue isnt solved for me yet>< been 2 weeks now><

Audley

07-01-2011

OMG
it worked, all those issue about retrieving data, PVP net server unable to connect, guys i made it, after two weeks, here is what i did. go to ur router, disable NAT. and than, close that, open LOL. it wont open so go to ur router again, and then enable NAT. click apply. play LOL. wow, after 2 weeks, this isthe best solution ever. i hope u guys can play now^^. i just logged in^^.

Audley

07-01-2011

ops, thanks Epi2

Epi2

07-02-2011

thanks Audley xD I was afraid my advise would crash and burn I'm glad it helped someone

alkid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2011

http://n4.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...esolverProbing
its funny. i can connect from my home, but not from here. it's just like ip filtering by pvp.net server. i use the same game client.

NooB4Rice

07-05-2011

http://n5.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu...5005-438b-adf0
PLEASE HELP I JUST WANNA PLAY

TheMagiciain

07-05-2011

this really stinks!Ireally wanted to play this game and ever time i try to play a game like i got to go in and i got to 8 seconds before the game would start and then it said"lost connection try to restart the apllcation"! This really just sucks i really wanted to play the game but the same stinkin thing comes up this just sucks

JasonsKillU

07-05-2011

I get the invlad username/pass one i think ive been hacked.. i would appriciate help